Chapter 11

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

THE TEENS WERE AT THE MARSH WITH THE TANKS JOHN B GOT FROM THE CAMERON'S

THE TEENS WERE AT THE MARSH WITH THE TANKS JOHN B GOT FROM THE CAMERON'S. Kiara stands a scuba tank on deck. Kiara unscrews the regulator. She takes another tank. Stands it up. Clank. Puts the regulator on.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara questioned as she was checking the tanks.

"Love it when a plan comes together," mumbles JJ.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara then asked the group but there was only a big silence in response. Silence. John B, JJ, and Pope all look at each other. "Hope can you do it you know with you know your super healing and powers?"

"I heal quickly but that doesn't mean I won't die from asphyxiation. Frankly dying this summer isn't in my plans." Hope then sighed. "Okay, this plan is a mess. What is the point of doing all this if not one of you knows how to dive?"

"It's a Kook sport Hopey," JJ told her. "We can't afford it."

"I.... read about it," says Pope.

"Great, Pope had a scuba-diving book club, so someone is going to die," Kiara announced irritated.

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asked. Both Pope and Hope turned to the blonde boy as if he was a brainless idiot, which he was.

"I'm pretty sure you can die if you do something wrong," says Hope. "And I can't bring back people from the dead."

"Well, if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope informed JJ.

"Bends like, bend over and--" JJ said as he started to bend over. Hope couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's stupidity.

Pope says seriously. "The bends kill you."

After Pope's words JJ's smile falls, he immediately stops joking around and becomes serious. JJ stops bending. Pretends he wasn't doing that. Pope gives him a skeptical glance. "Right" JJ mumbles.

"I can-- I can dive." John B informed them although he seemed unsure.

JJ nodded. "Yeah, you can dive. I'm cool with that."

"Since when can you dive?" Kiara questioned her friend.

"I'll do it. It's fine." John B explained to Kiara.