It's Nothing | 22

October 6th

The next day I go to school like usual but I can't bare to even make it through a full day.

My whole body hurts, by every step I make I feel my broken ribs click and it's excruciating.

Not even half way through the day I leave school and make my way to the warehouse where Chrissy is happy to see me.

I decide to take her to the mall seeing as she needs more clothes and a backpack, she's been out of school for too long, I don't want her falling behind.

I hacked into the foster care system database and made up a fake aunt for her, no one will suspect a thing. I even put the aunt as being a nurse who works long hours, just to excuse her from parent day or something like it. I'll probably let her start in a few weeks, I just want to make sure she's ready.

When we get to the mall, she drags me into a very girly shop and I'm blinded by the amount of pink and sparkles there is.

"This is a lot of pink" I mumble and she giggles.

I get her a few pairs of leggings and jeggings, she doesn't like buttons because they take to long apparently. Am I the only one who finds the word button funny?

After nearly two whole hours of shopping, we finally leave that cursed place, I got her a  subway sandwich on the way out because she was hungry. We bought clothes and shoes but I also bought her stuff for school and some toys because every kid should have toys.

We get home and she plays with her new Lego Friends Lego set and I help her build it.

"I gotta go to my internship now Smalls, I'll be back later today though" I say and she smiles nodding.

"I'm gonna watch Lilo & Stitch!" She says excitedly and I smile.

"Great choice" I chuckle and she runs over to the couch turning on the TV.

"Bye smalls, I'll see ya soon" I say and she waves at me as I leave.

I let out a painful groan as soon as I step out, I couldn't let her know my pain, I have to be strong for her. If she knew how much I was hurting right now she'd be sad and I don't want that.

I make my way to the tower, I've not been to my internship in two days, I've also gotten multiple calls and texts.

On my way there I call Harley and he picks up immediately.

"I'm sorry Harls my phone smashed, I had to fix it" I say.

"Why haven't you been at the internship for the last two days, my dads going nuts he's worried about you so is Nat" he says and I bite down on my bottom lip.

"Yeah, I kinda took in this kid from the streets, she's so young I couldn't just leave her" I say.

"You what?!" He exclaims and I chuckle sheepishly.

"Yeah, her name's Chrissy, she's living in the warehouse, listen you can't tell anyone, please Blue" I say and he sighs.

"Fine but I wanna meet her, I can't right now, I went on a business trip with aunt Pep, well technically I was made to because apparently I don't leave my room enough" he says and I laugh.

"You literally never leave your room" I say.

"I do when I'm hanging out with you!" he protests.

"That doesn't count" I say in amusement.

"It does too, anyway I have to go, love you" he says.

"I love you too bye" I reply and the call ends.

My smile immediately slips from my face, I hate lying to him, even though technically it wasn't a lie I'm still hiding the truth from him.

I get to the tower in no time and make my way into the elevator.

When I get to the lab, Tony's head snaps around to see me. 

"What happened to your face?" He asks with slightly widened eyes.

"Nothing, I just got in a fight I guess" I say with a shrug.

"Jeez kid, you gotta stop doing that" he says worriedly and I just shrug.

I work in the lab with him for about an hour until I hear the elevator ding.

I turn around to see Nat, "oh my god, what happened?" She asks upon seeing the nasty bruises on my face.

"I just got in a fight" I say with a shrug and something changes in her eyes, like she know that it's a lie, or at least just a partial truth.

"Well I'm stealing you from Tony" she says with a smirk, and Tony playfully rolls his eyes.

We go into the elevator and just as h the doors close Nat turns to me.

"Who?" She questions and I just raise a brow.

"Who'd you get in a fight with?" She asks me.

"No one important, please I really don't wanna talk about it right now" I say with slight desperation in my tone.

"Okay, but we're talking about it later, no one here likes to see you hurt like this" she says and I smile slightly.

We get to the living room where most of the team are, they all look bored as fuck.

"I stole Pete" Nat says with a smirk and sit down on the couch with her.

"Jesus, you look like you were just beaten to a pulp" Bucky says with a frown.

"Your face was so beautiful!" Wanda says grabbing my face and I wince at the contact.

"Sorry" she says guiltily.

"What happened?" Steve asks me and I just shrug.

"He got in a fight with someone" Nat answers for me.

"What? Who?" Sam asks.

"That's what I want to know" she says turning to me.

"It doesn't matter" I shrug it off.

"Of course it matters, you look like someone just punched you in the face like a million times over" Pietro says.

"That's literally exactly what happened" I scoff amusedly with a slight laugh.

"Give me a name and I'll fucking murder them" Nat says and Steve doesn't even language her.

"It's nothing" I reply and they look unconvinced as well as concerned.

Two hands grab my shoulders from behind and I can't help but flinch, I flip whoever it is over the couch and onto the floor in front of me. I look to see Clint groaning and let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Jesus Clint, don't fucking do that!" I say and he raises a brow, the others just laugh at how he got flipped onto his back.

"Jeez kid, I just tried to scare you" he grumbles, picking himself up off the ground.

"Well don't, I really don't like it when people touch me, next time maybe be little more vocal" I say with a sigh, and they all just laugh at how Clint got flipped on his back by a kid.

———

YAYYYY ANOTHER ONEEEEE!! 😁

Welp here it is broskis because I didn't update yesterday I've uploaded two chapters!

Word Count: 1100

- mayaaa ✌🏼