3. Yet Another Shock

Enjoy 🌹

It's edited, but please point out any mistakes so I can easily correct them :)
_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

Three words. All it took was three simple words and I was now someone's wife. I wasn't sad, I wasn't crying, hell I wasn't even angry, everything inside of me had just gone numb. By trying to save someone else's life, I'd destroyed my own. I was still shocked at how Suleiman had declared me as his wife as if he owned me. Just thinking about that murderous look in his eyes when he lunged at that guy sends chills down my spine. He looked like an untamed beast.

It is surprising how easily I agreed to this bizarre marriage in the first place. It all seemed to pass in a blur; someone putting a dupatta over my head, the maulvi coming in along with the same man I'd first seen at the airport stepping out of the car, and then finally the dreaded question came.

"Hooriya Binte Jalal Khan kya apko Suleiman Ali Shah wald Usman Ali Shah haq meher 5,000,0000 (50 million Pakistani rupees) sey ye nikkah Qabool hai?" (Hooriya, daughter of Jalal Khan do you take Suleiman Ali Shah son of Usman Ali Shah as your husband with the haq meher (basically an obligatory sum of money given to the wife in case of a divorce or once during the husband's lifetime, do your own research though please because I'm not claiming this to be 100% accurate) of 5,000,0000,)

I looked up to find Suleiman intently staring at me. For some unexplainable reason that only gods knows the answer to, I slightly blushed. What the hell, Hooriya!?!? Pagal tou nahi hogai tum kahin? Kya bakwas soch rahi ho? (Have you lost your mind? What nonsense are you thinking about?) I looked away almost immediately, but then it struck me! Marriage! These people were getting me freaking married! What will baba and mama think? Scratch that, how angry will they be when they find out what a drama I've made out of my life in a matter of hours , after all marriage is no joke.

I heard a throat clear and looked up to find an impatient Suleiman looking at me with narrowed eyes. He mouthed "Your family" to me and it was as if I was struck by lightning. As unreasonable as the whole situation was, the one thing I always trusted was my guts, and my guts were flying red flags all over that Yousef guy. The way he openly checked me out told me more than I wanted to know. He's clearly not someone to be messed with, and if a man like Suleiman could be this cautious around him, then he's definitely bad news.

"Qabool hai (I accept)"

And that is how I sealed my fate.

______________________________________

"Hooriya Api!" I turned around to see an excited Mansha pounce on me and hug me to the literal point of breaking my bones.

"Mansha...I...can't...breathe," She payed absolutely no heed to what I just said as her grip tightened around me. I felt Bilal pull onto my arm and release me from Mansha's hold. Mansha pouted.

"Oh come on, it's been years since I last saw her, gale tou laga ney dein kam as kam (Atleast let me hug her)," I smiled looking at her adorable expression and then turned towards Bilal who had a cheeky grin on his face. He winked at Mansha making her huff in anger.

"You're not the only one meeting her after 3 years, but at least I know the difference between hugging and suffocating," And soon, the bickering started. That is why these two are my favourite cousins, as well as being the only ones. But their bickering can get slightly annoying at times.

"Acha ab chalein hum? Chachu aur Aala hamara intezaar kar rahe hoon gein. Bila waja Yahan time zaya karne ki zarurat nahi hai (Okay now can we go? Uncle and aunty must be waiting for us. Don't waste time here), you can continue once we're home, now get going," I started walking towards the car with Bilal and Mansha trailing behind. Once I reached the driver's side, I turned to face Bilal and held out my hand. He looked puzzled at first but then it finally seemed to click. He handed over the car keys and moved towards the passenger seat.