xxxv

When Madeleine woke up, she looked at her watch on the bedside table and wiggled out of Fred's grip trying to not wake him up. She had only slept for what felt like a minute after their night out but today was the day of Harry's audience and he needed her. She ran into the bathroom to take the quickest shower she had ever taken, to try and remove as much as she could the smell of tequila and beer that was settled in her pores.

Even though she prefered doing her makeup and hair the muggle way, she used a simple glamour charm that immediately fixed her hair and covered her dark under eye bags with makeup coming from the tip of her wand. As usual, the hardest part for her was choosing an outfit so she stood in front of her wardrobe throwing clothes all over the place until she found an appropriate blouse, skirt and blazer that would make a good impression. After taking a pair of simple black stilettos, she tip toed across the room and went down the stairs where Harry was already having breakfast

"Oh good God, I thought you had already left" Maddie said relieved and poured herself a cup of strong black coffee.

"You're coming with me?" Harry asked her.

"Of course I am, I wouldn't have woken up if I had no intention on going with you" she nudged him and took a piece of toast from the

"Madeleine where were you last night?" Sirius asked

"In my bed reading, like every night" she lied.

"Did you go out last night? Don't lie", Sirius said sternly.

"Perhaps, just for a little while"

"Just let her live her youth Padfoot, or may I need to remind you how you were when we were Maddie's age" Remus chuckled.

"Sneaking out at night, we're definitely related" Tonks laughed and hugged her cousin.

"This is odd, I don't remember the table wiggling like this yesterday! See! This foot is loose!" Molly said moving the table so that everyone could see.

Madeleine tried hiding a smirk behind her cup because she knew damn well why the table was wiggling and why it had its foot loose. Her mind was wandering over last night's activities with Fred when she was snapped from her thoughts by her godfather.

"Are you sure you want to go Maddibear?" he asked her.

"Definitely, and besides British Ministry always trusts the word of an Archambeau thanks to papi"

"She's right Sirius," Arthur said, "it's better if Madeleine stays with him".

"Alright then, be polite and don't lose your temper you two. Especially you Madeleine"

"Alright if this is about the Clotilde thing yesterday, I just needed to give her a lesson! As soon as I get back I'll take it out and she won't even remember a thing"

"We should go now, it's better if we're early anyways" Mr Weasley stood up and led both Harry and Madeleine to the front door.

They walked to the nearest underground station, the morning was cold and the sky was grey, Madeleine cursing herself internally for deciding to wear a skirt. Once they reached the station, it was packed with muggles who were on their way to work and Mr Weasley couldn't hold his enthusiasm in, which the blonde thought was adorable.

Since the ticket machines were out of order and Mr Weasley was overly excited by them, Maddie took the job of getting the three of them tickets. Five minutes later, they were sitting on the underground, Mr Weasley looking at the map and counting excitedly how many stops were left for them to get there.

"You've used the underground before?" Harry asked her.

"Of course I have, you're not really from Paris if you don't take the metro. Though it's simpler to use it there because is normally just a line, here in London there are some parts that form kind of triangles but it's fine" she shrugged.