scarlett

This one was written based on the pic above! ^

It was stitched together with stained strips of a blue pillow case, its body now a sack that held nothing, just the feeble beat of its heart that was fading away too. It had a single button on the left side of its face, a button with scratched surfaces drawn with x's, so scratched it could no longer see with its remaining eye.

It lay in the trash bin, newly on top, but it had a dull feeling it would be covered soon, and as piles of what was under it got hurled over it, it doubted that anyone would even glance in and find it there. Even if they did, would they take it out?

Neglected and battered, covered in oil stains and dust, it had lived generations and crossed 23 countries over seas in spider filled crates or the back of a pickup truck, it had had hundreds of owners and also mischievous children throwing it over their heads, playing "pass" as if it were a rag doll.

And it was what it was, just a rag doll with rips along its arms and holes in its back, just a rag doll with a fading heartbeat and a heart that didn't know what it was beating for.

It heard a rustling sound overhead and expected the harsh feel of a chunk of trash to be thrown over its limp body. But instead it heard a fascinated gasp. Suddenly its body was lifted into the air and it felt its arms and legs dangling in the space. It was now in the arms of a stranger, and it felt flashbacks swarming its head of the various times strangers had found it in the same way...

It remembered the boy who refused to let it out of its sight despite the scolding of his parents, remembered the boys cries as its body landed on the crashing rocks of a stream, remembered the hands that had picked its battered body and abandoned it by a tree in a dark forest, remembered the girl who grabbed its arm and took it home and called it hers till a band of boys decided to have a tug-of-war with its body, remembered the...

But there was something about the stranger's grasp on him that made him feel like whoever it was would never let go, and suddenly it didn't feel so lost...

.......

The person took it home and rinsed out its arms and legs and stitched up the open cuts in its body and gave it new buttons for eyes. It could now see and it saw a little girl with pea green eyes and gold flecks scattered over pale cheeks. She had orange braids the same shade as carrots and sticking out from different directions on her head like carrot sticks

"I'm Scarlett," she said, with a playful glint in her eyes, the eyes it felt so at home in.

Scarlett took it to meadows and rambled about her daydreams as they watched the color drain out of the sky. She made it believe in the power of shooting star wishes again. It was Scarlett who drew stars around its scars and called them beautiful. It was Scarlett whose its heart beat for. Scarlett who cried when she found new bruises over its body and made cakes for it even though it could never eat.

Scarlett tied its neck to a string and dragged it around behind her as she traveled the world. The roads were smooth concrete patches and it liked the feeling of the stone underneath it. But as the roads prolonged, there were various bumps and pebbles along it, and its body was now shuddering from the pain of the spikes and stones on the road, as it bounced over the spikes. But at least it felt at home with Scarlett.

But it didn't know that it was now just as lost as it was before Scarlett found it. It was now blinded by love and refused to acknowledge the pain. Lost in a different way, but it refused to realize the pain that was tearing it apart, refused to realize that it was not okay.
...............

The scenes in this story don't connect very well but I didn't know where to adjust it so bear with meh :').

This symbolizes a toxic friendship/relationship, where the person who found you in your misery might get you lost in a different way but they might not realize and not look back like the way Scarlett didn't look back at her doll/bear to see she was hurting it.