chapter 19

"do you remember telling me you love me?"

dreams eyes widened, he remembered certain parts of the night. like the beginning of hide and seek, parts of when he was in the car with george, when george threw up and when he fell on the ground outside of the car. but he didn't remember telling george that he loved him.

he could see the want on georges face, he wanted dream to know what he said. but unfortunately he didn't.

"i don't really remember anything i said last night." dream said.

george shook his head in disappointment, the happy expression on his face turned into sadness and frustration.

"so you didn't mean it?" george said.

he knew he meant it, even if he was drunk and didn't remember. he remembered what sapnap said.

drunk words are sober thoughts.

"of course i meant it george." dream said. "even though i was drunk doesn't mean that i didn't mean it."

georges happy expression came back, the light filled his eyes. he could see relief in georges face.

"i like you a lot." george said. "like a lot. a little too much."

dream smiled to himself, he was happy. george made him completely forget about morgan, before george all he would think about is her.

"and i think i'm ready."

dream looked over at george who was looking ahead, he was smiling.

"for what?" dream said.

"to be together." george said. "i know it's only been a couple of days, but i just have this feeling inside of me to go for it."

"really?" dream said.

"i never believed in love at first sight until i saw you." george said. "you really thought i didn't know my way around the airport? of course i did. i just wanted to talk to you."

dream smiled to george, george continued looking ahead.

"i imagined us as friends." george said. "it hurt just imagining us being nothing else. but then i imagined us together and it was perfect."

george was pouring his whole heart out to dream, dream sat and listened as he spoke.

"i've seen perfect couples before, and i imagine us being the perfect couple. but i just feel like you don't feel the same. maybe i'm over thinking it too much, but i think we could make it work if you wanted too?" george explained.

"i wish i could kiss you right now." dream said laughing.

"do it."

dream leaned into george and kissed him, george veered his eyes off the road and kissed him back. the kiss was short but sweet.

george laughed to himself and smiled, dream looked ahead, they were in a city or town of some sort. it was big and beautiful.

"we're here." george said, a valet came up to the car and george rolled his windows down. the valet took his keys and the 2 boys grabbed their masks and got out. they walked into the restaurant, it was beyond nice. everyone was dressed up nice, the aroma in the air smelled sweet.

the 2 boys put in their masks and the host approached them with bright eyes.

"how many for you today!" the young lady said.

"just 2 please." george said.

the host grabbed menus and waved them over to their table, it was neatly set up and perfect. the silverware was placed nicely, the chairs perfectly set.