Chapter 4 : "happy for you"

Oh, when I see you holding on to somebody new,

I won't know what to do.

To tell you the truth,

I just want you to be happy,

but I don't wanna have to see it.

- To Be Happy : Nana Ouyang

It's the day of the birthday party.

I'm getting ready in my room, waiting for Layla's call as she's picking me up. I wore a simple short long-sleeved black dress which I really liked. Sometimes I really think black is my colour, it's seriously the easiest colour to mix and match with anything.

 Sometimes I really think black is my colour, it's seriously the easiest colour to mix and match with anything

I heard my phone ring, and rushed downstairs after saying goodbye to my mom. I told her I would be staying at Layla's house tonight after the party, the main reason being, I don't know what I should do after seeing Levi confess to Sierra, and she told me to go over to her place if I need a shoulder to lean on. Classic Layla, she's the only friend I would trust with my life.

I saw Tyler in the driver's seat dressed up smartly and Layla in her puffed up sleeved pink short dress which fit her so beautifully. I really love Layla's curly hair, I think she pulls it off so perfectly. I get in the car, saying hi to the both of them and we were off.

When we reached Sierra's house, oh wait, mansion would be a better word to describe it, it was packed with almost everyone from school

When we reached Sierra's house, oh wait, mansion would be a better word to describe it, it was packed with almost everyone from school. There were bottles of beer everywhere, the music was extremely loud, and there were so many drunk people dancing.

Layla and Tyler left to dance after I persuaded her to go, and told her that I'd be fine on my own.

I wanted to find Levi. I wanted to see him. Although I wore heels, it was still hard to spot anyone in the crowd, and I'm not tall either, so that doesn't help either. But as I was moving through a swarm of sweaty bodies, I saw him and his group of friends at the kitchen. He was pretty tall, but it was really easy to spot him even from the back as I was too used to seeing him to recognise him. Layla says I can even recognise him from his shadow and his cough. Damn, I sound like a lovesick obsessed teen.