not a joke anymore [ten]

Stiles drops Madison home, after Scott left to go to the animal clinic. "Bye, angel!" Stiles yells from his jeep.

"Bye, Batman!" Madison smiles. She didn't miss the blush on Stiles' cheek. She goes inside. Her stomach growled for food. She went into the kitchen and found a 20 dollar bill and a note.

I'm working a double shift tonight. Order takeout. Love you guys.

-Mom

Madison sighs. She figured out that her mom overworks herself a lot. She decided to text Scott to see what he wanted to eat.

lacrosse god

what do you want to eat?

mom gave us twenty dollar bucks

fetus we shoulda deletus

chinese

also, are you friends with allison?

somebody has a crush ;)

and yes, we met earlier

can you put in a good word for me?

i'll pay you 10 bucks

20 and it's a deal

deal

simp.

Madison orders the chinese food and goes to her room. She had a shit ton of homework. Deciding on getting chemistry done first, she pulls out the worksheet she had to do. 'THERMOCHEMISTRY' was written in bold letters at the top. Madison drops her head on the desk. Thermochemistry was impossibly hard. She googled all the answers and finished chemistry. After about 15 minutes, the doorbell rang. 

Assuming it was the delivery guy, Madison grabs the 20 dollar bill and opens the door. Madison eyes widen in shock at who stands at the door.

"Can-can I come in?" Olivia stammers. Madison immediately moved to the side to let her in. She took in Olivia's appearance. She had a large bruise on her arm, a small cut on her cheek, and she had a limp. 

"Here, let me get the first aid kit." Madison ushers. "I'll be right back." Madison rushes to the cabinet that held the bandages and stuff. She goes back to Olivia.

"Who did this?" Madison asks softly. She let the bruise from before go, but now it was obvious, whatever was happening, was persistent. 

"Promise not to tell a soul." Olivia says, as Madison puts the bandaid on her cut. 

"Promise." Madison promises. She had cleaned up her wounds.

Olivia hesitates for a second, sighing. "It's- uh- from skateboarding. I'm not good at all, so I fall. A lot."

Madison could tell she was lying, but she wasn't going to press into the subject. Madison nods. "Want to stay the night? I ordered extra takeout." Madison asks.

Olivia smiles for the first time that night. "I would like that." The doorbell rings, this time it was the delivery guy. 

The pair eat the food, leaving some for Scott. They spend the rest of the night watching movies, eating junk food, flirting, and joking around.