Chapter 14

"Awe that's so sweet

"Awe that's so sweet." Hammerhead said sarcastically rolling her eyes trying to get to the task at hand. Diego straightened up but Klaus just smiled sweetly to Hammerhead. She gave Klaus a look up and down his body before scrunching her nose and turning away. He looked to Diego offended but Diego looked at him with no sympathy shrugging as he got close up behind Hammerhead.

Hammerhead glared back at him for being too close and he took a step back as she began to walk towards the room when suddenly a gun began to go off. Klaus grabbed Diego, and Diego grabbed Hammerhead each piling back behind the pillar they'd been leaned on for so long. In the process of grabbing Jane Diego had been shot in the arm. This making Jane appear instantly worried for Diego, she held pressure on his wound as they ducked down from getting shot at anymore.

Diego had his good arm wrapped protectively around Jane as he covered her head with his body. And Klaus...... was doing the same thing to Diego even as Diego tried to push him away...... numerous times. "Let's get go get those pansy dicks huh?" Jane yelled abruptly pushing away rather roughly as the shots stopped and the two assassins drove off. She began to run down the staircase as Klaus and Diego followed closely behind.

As they made it to Diego's car they noticed the wheels had also been shot. Making Diego punch his roof aggressively a few times. Taking his anger out for the entire day on his car, then his eyes flicked to Janes who seemed to be avoiding his gaze at all times. It hurt but he understood maybe she was still upset about the kiss they'd shared earlier. "Guys I have a delightful idea or should I say delicious idea." Klaus smiled happily pointing to an ice cream truck.

"I'm driving!!" Klaus screamed as Baby doll came through. "Ooooo I want Ice Cream!" She said excitedly  running towards the truck as Diego shook his head at the two. "No way Klaus I'm driving." Diego said gruffly but Baby doll was already jumping in the back looking for a scoop and cone. "With that weak thing I don't think so." He laughed referring to Diego's injury.

"Yeah okay whatever." Diego scoffed getting in the passenger seat. "You know I'm surprised none of Janes personalities want to help play nurse with you." Klaus teased but Diego seemed to sink lower in his seat. "I don't need it. I don't need anything." Diego mumbled making Klaus laugh as he glanced to make sure Baby doll was busy. "Really? Cuz I saw the kiss myself and definitely seemed like you wanted something." Klaus said wiggling his eyebrows as he drove following the gps locator.

Diego's eyes widened in shock but he just blushed and looked away embarrassed. "You know Janes not like others..... she's one of a kind. A lil nutty but we like them like that. So why are you holding back with her unlike your ex." Klaus asked surprisingly to Diego who looked a bit freaked but shook his head unsure even himself. "Look not that it's any of your business but.... I do like her. It's just her situation makes things complicated." Diego lied towards the end making Klaus think of Dave. He knew better then anyone that life was short. He didn't want to see his brother live with regrets.

"Girls like that don't wait around. Maybe someone else might even swoop her up, or  maybe she'll get hit by a bus. But hey I get it things are 'complicated.' Klaus mocked with a disappointed sigh. Diego went tense at his brothers words he would never allow what had happened to Eudora to happen to Jane. He was going to keep her breathing even if it meant he wouldn't be because Jane deserved a happier life more then anyone.

"Look they've stopped and is that?-" Before Diego could finish his sentence Klaus began bouncing with glee as Baby doll soon turned into a pissed off Hammerhead at the sight of the two killers. "Floor it!" Diego stated with authority and before Klaus could even try to step harder down Hammerhead grabbed his shoulder. "FLOOR IT ALREADY!" She had a crazed almost murderous glare that made Klaus nod happily driving straight towards the two gun wielding maniacs.

As they passed Luther and Five Klaus waved godly as Jane flipped off a confused Luther. Klaus hit the two masked assailants car making Janes body fly forward and land on Diego's lap. Klaus would have loved to say it was planned on his part as he loved to watch his brother squirm as Hammerhead glared him down to keep his hands AWAY.

"Oopsie Daisy." Klaus chuckled earning a low warning growl from Hammerhead before she stood abruptly off a blushing Diego's Lap with a snort of dismay. She immediately jumped out of the ice cream truck and began running towards the villains at full speed ready to kick some ass. They were pulling out there guns and shooting at her but missed as she easily dodged it and grabbed the mans arm flipping him harshly. Her eyes practically dilated as she looked at the woman who had shot Eudora.

Unbeknownst to her time froze in that exact moment

Unbeknownst to her time froze in that exact moment. Five stopping the bullet Hazel had sent at him and Luther from the ground, He picked up Janes slightly taller then him body and carried her to Luther, and he aimed Diego to stop running to save Jane and towards where she was now. Lastly he through the gun and clip from Hazel and Cha Cha. Before time continued.

Still thinking she was about to hit Cha Cha, Hammerhead roughly pushed Luther making him hit into the car with a pained gasp. And Diego ran into Hammerhead wrapping his arms around her, making her immediately whip around but held back due to the unknown presence once again taking hold and forcing Jane out of the Underground. Jane blushed pulling away more focused on the battle then whatever had just happened making her appear elsewhere.... she wanted revenge.

But of course they just piled into the car and drove away making Jane sigh aggressively and Diego followed suit both wanting to finish the fight. "Quit pouting we are trying to save the world first." Luther snapped as Klaus sat with me in the back seat. We made funny faces the entire ride at the back of Luthers clueless head. Jane could have sworn sometimes she'd hear Diego chuckle at their antics or even catch him glancing. But she had to be wrong.

Because like he said.

They were just friends...... it's never happen.