Sixty one

"Navy scrubs?" Alex looked at Webber in surprise as he threw navy scrubs to all of the fourth years.

"Attending scrubs. You are attendings today. Run the cases, take point, but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then, congratulations. You've just been promoted," Webber said.

"Why?" Erin asked.

"Because your attendings will be making cases about which department deserves my one million dollar surplus," he said.

"The tiny humans, obviously. Tiny humans win everything," Erin grinned. "Thanks, chief," she said.

"Pleasure, Erin," he smiled, walking out of the room so they could all get changed.

"How is your day as an attending going?" Arizona smiled at Erin at the nurses desk. She was with Callie, Teddy, Mark and Bailey.

"It's going great. We've done two appys this morning already, we've had a new baby delivered and he's in the NICU because he's a month early but everything is looking good so far. Alex is working with the kid with boobs and we're gonna meet later to talk about what surgical plan will be the best way forward for him," Erin said.

"Sounds like you've got it all under control," Teddy said. Erin shrugged.

"There's magic in peds. You've just got to believe in it," she said, walking away to see more patients.

"If Erin Grey does not end up as head of pediatrics after me, I have wasted years training her," Arizona said.

"She's really that good? I was impressed with her in surgery, jumping in for Cristina, but I really don't know much about her. Which is weird, considering I've operated on her," Teddy said.

"She's three years younger than everybody else because she's always been three years ahead. So, she and Meredith have done everything together. She never studies for a test, she has an eidetic memory and she came top of her intern class," Bailey boasted.

"All thanks to you, Bailey," Arizona laughed.

"She told me I could take credit and I am taking credit," Bailey said.

"Any chance of converting her to cardio?" Teddy asked.

"No way," Arizona smirked. "I've got her heart right in peds with me," she said.

Bailey smirked as she walked away. Arizona was right. She did have Erin's heart, and she would have it even if peds weren't involved.

"Goddamn, where are my keys?" Erin muttered, rummaging through her bag while she, Meredith and Derek stood outside of the house.

"Have you checked your coat?" Meredith said, reaching into her own pockets to look for her keys. "I can't find mine, either," she said.

"Because you're both holding them in your hands. You took them out in the car," Derek said, a weird tone to his voice. They looked down and laughed.

"Oh, yeah," they said. Erin unlocked the front door and they all piled in.

"Oh, Erin, I wanted to talk to you about the results," Meredith said.

"Have we got them back?" Erin asked, throwing her coat onto the coatrack beside April's.

"No, but that's not it. I'm, uh, I'm not gonna open mine. You were only getting yours because of me so if you don't want to open it, either, I can get rid of it, too," Meredith said.

"I'll let you know," Erin said, walking towards the stairs.

"You okay?" Derek asked.

"Yep," Erin said, closing her bedroom door behind herself.