Chapter LII

"Asami slow down." Jinora giggled as she tried her best to keep up with the Sato's pace.
"What's the hurry?"

"Come on!" Asami cheered as she pulled the two women by the hand. Jinora and Opal gave eachother a glance and shrugged, it was unusual for Asami to be so energetic especially early in the morning. The taller woman swung them both around the corner and continued her journey in a light jog. Her happiness was infectious. It started as a tingle in their fingers and toes, much like the feeling when they were anxious but it's warm. It passes through them like a warm ocean wave, washing away their worries for the day as they run behind the Sato in anticipation. Was this a surprise of some sort?

Jinora rose a brow as they soon came to a halt outside of Korra's medical room door. This wasn't what she was expecting. Asami flashed them both a smile and pushed open the doors with her back, revealing the white washed walls once again. However, there was something different. Someone who was stumbling to their feet as they clung onto the bed. If they weren't careful, they'd end up on the floor in a few seconds.

Asami turned around and let out a gasp, instantly leaping into action.
"Korra sit down right now!" She demanded and helped the woman back onto the bed.
"You shouldn't be on your feet right now."

Korra chuckled and obeyed the Sato's commands.
"Alright, alright you caught me."

Jinora let the overjoy take over her body, letting herself run free towards the assassin so she could envelope her in a tight hug.
"Korra!" She said, smiling from ear to ear.

The assassin took a moment to catch her breath before slinging her arms around the small woman.
"Hey Jinora." She greeted, her smile just as wide as her friend's.

The two soon pulled away from their embrace and Jinora took a look at her wrist. It was bare and free.
"Wait a minute, how did you get this off?" She asked and looked over to the cuffs that were still attatched to the bed.

"You underestimate my abilities Jinora. All I needed was a hair clip." Korra joked and winked at the Sato, earning a soft punch to her shoudler from the woman.

"Sorry about that by the way." Asami said.
"They did that to ensure our 'safety'."

"It's no matter, I understand."
Korra noticed the figure standing by the door of the medical room. Opal stood in a slight awkward manner, gripping at her sleeve as she watched the scene in front of her play out.
"You're a new face." Korra said with chuckle, extending her hand towards the nervous girl. She must know who she is, she would've been screaming and ranting by now if she didn't.
"I assume you're a friend of Asami and Jinora?"

"Yes. I'm Opal." She said, shaking the hand of the assassin. Korra knew that name.
"It's nice to see you awake and well."

Korra gave her a smile and nodded, letting her hand rest back down on the bed; her fingers grazing Asami's.
"So, does everyone still want my head on a stick?"

"Some do, some don't." Asami shrugged.
"But good news, my parents trust you... a little. I think."

"What about the Captain?" Korra asked, interlocking a finger with Asami's whilst the two others weren't looking.

"She has mixed feelings." Jinora added.
"She agreed to have you cuffed yet she's the one that carried you in here."

Korra's brows ascended in surprise.
"She did?"

"Yeah, she also managed to arrest two Red Lotus assassin's as well." Jinora said, making the girl even more shocked. It couldn't of been that easy could it? Korra contemplated asking about Kuvira, knowing that Opal was the one that got threatened by her it probably was a good idea to stay quiet for a little while.
"They're being held in the basement."