twenty-four >>> bear it

My eyes flutter open feeling someone near me

My eyes flutter open feeling someone near me. A bright light comes into view and I throw up my arm shielding my eyes. Flashes of what happened come up quickly, replaying through my head. Within moments I jolt up feeling hands grab my arms, giving me a tight squeeze. I open my eyes and I'm met with green ones. Lexa's green ones.

"Hey, hey," Lexa whispers reaching up one hand, placing it on my cheek. I feel her thumb rub back and forth on my cheek. Her hand provided warmth and I slowly shook my head looking around finding everyone sort of scattered.

"What's happening? Did they-"

"They didn't inject you," Lexa gently spoke cutting me off. I look back to her eyes seeing them shift back and forth between mine. "Abby couldn't do it so Clarke took the needle but before she injected you she mumbled something then injected herself."

"What?" I couldn't believe what Lexa was saying. I look past Lexa and find Jackson in front of Clarke. But I looked back at Lexa and titled my head. "Wait, you were going to let them-"

"It worked," Clarke mumbled causing me to stop talking and look over to her again. Black blood rose on the top of her skin before Jackson wiped it away with a rag. I tilt my head and watch the two interact but still felt Lexa's eyes on me along with another pair. I glance to Lexa first and bite my bottom lip before looking to the left of her finding Murphy looking to me. He nods his head at me and I nod back slowly looking away from him and Emori. I'm glad they let them go.

"Alright, let's start packing up," Clarke spoke up loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone nods and starts heading out. I stay where I am along with Lexa. Her hand drops from my cheek and both hands now stay on my lap.

"They found a bunker," Lexa whispered. My eyes grow wide and I tilt my head to the side. "I overheard Murphy and Emori speaking that you mentioned a bunker at Polis..."

"I don't know why I said it, but that's great they found it," I respond.

"Have you been sleeping?" Lexa questions and I bite my lip nodding my head up and down slowly. But as she tilts her head I slowly turn that nod into shaking my head. A low sigh escapes Lexa's lips as she grabs a hold of my hand. I hope down from the table and she leads me to a room. We walk in and she shuts the door as I face her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want you to worry-"

"Y/N I'm always going to worry about you!" She said cutting me off. I nod my head slowly, as she continues on. "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" I question.

"You've changed-"

"Of course I've changed Lexa! We all have! Even yourself!" I pick up my voice feeling myself get heated and tears tearing up in my eyes. "I'm not who I was when you met me. I was shot. Killed and brought back to life with some chip in the back of my neck. I think I'm going to be a little different than I was, but you've grown too. When I first you and stayed with you, you didn't believe in love. You were going by old morals. Doing what past commanders have and the ways of your people, but you changed all of that. Mostly-" I pause a second gathering my thoughts. "You've become stronger. A better leader, a better Heda than you were. We grew up Lexa. All of us had and we learned new ways. Possibly better ways every now and then there's some bad but we're doing what's best for our people."

A silence dawns over us, staring at one another. Lexa's eyes were soft and tears filled in her own eyes but she wouldn't allow herself to cry. I bite my lip glancing down to the ground as a couple knocks appear at the door. I pick up my head finding Lexa glancing over her shoulder. Both of us look to the door to find Clarke standing in the door way.

"Sorry to interrupt-" Clarke pauses a moment looking between me and Lexa then continues. "Commander, we could use you back at Polis and Arkadia. We need to talk our people down and come up with a plan."

"Yes. Give me a second Clarke," Lexa says, nodding her head at Clarke. Clarke nods back then looks at me. She nods and I barely give one back as she exits the room pulling the door shut with her. I tear my eyes away from there and look to Lexa who's already looking to me.

"You have to go," I whisper gently. Lexa bites her lip shaking her head.

"Come with me. Or I don't go."

"Lexa-"

"I need to know you're safe," Lexa whispers stepping forward and grabbing my hands, she squeezes them and locks our eyes. I watch as her eyes flick back and forth between mine.

"You have a duty Lexa as do I-" I pause flicking my own eyes between her green ones. "I have to stay here and help pack some stuff up. You have to go back for our people. Be their leader. I'll be fine. I'll be back soon." I place my hand on her cheek pulling her body towards me. We place our foreheads together standing in silence for a moment with only our breathes filling the void of noise. And after a couple seconds I lean forward a bit more locking our lips. My eyes close feeling Lexa's delicate soft lips kiss my own. The kiss was passionate and full of love. It reminds me of all the times we've kissed. It's always felt right.

Slowly we pull away and my eyes flutter open. Our foreheads stay planted together for a view more moments as our eyes lock. But it's not long before we pull apart and Lexa gives me a soft smile and whispers, "Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim (May We Meet Again)."

"Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim," I whisper back as she smiles once more before she turns on her heels and heads for the door exiting through it. A shaky breathe escapes my lips as I bite my bottom lip and follow out the way Lexa did. When I get out there I see her walking towards the stairs with everyone except for Raven, Murphy and Emori. But then I feel something strange inside of me. I felt off and actually ill. I clench my jaw and bend over a bit, my breathes rapid as I place my hands on my hip. That's when I hear someone say my name.

"Y/N? Y/N, hey," Murphy's voice speaks and I can hear him walking towards me. But as he does I feel myself become weaker and begin falling. "Y/N!" I feel Murphy grab me before I hit the ground but even so my eyes close and blackness takes over.

__________
___________
__________
A/N: Ahehe ;) Sorry it's short! I'll try and make the next chapter longer!!!

-Author (aka C.R. )