[28]

The dropship was deathly quiet, Raven Reyes sat staring at Diana's limp body. If she had the strength she would've checked to see if the girl was still alive, even though Diana was only ten feet away, Raven couldn't do anything about it, not in the horrible condition she was in. Raven had called out to the girl numerous times, nothing was working. She heard rustling outside, quickly grabbing her gun and painfully rolling on her side to conceal the weapon and play dead. The footsteps got louder as they entered the drop ship.

A grounder was making his way toward Raven, turning her until he could see her face, by then, the girl was sending a bullet through his brain, he crumpled to the floor, dead, just like the hundreds that had been burned. Raven groaned in pain, clutching her stomach when more footsteps began approaching the entrance, again, she readied her gun. He entered the ship and immediately raised his bound hands. "Woah, it's okay! Raven, don't shoot. Don't shoot. Please." He begged, eyes falling on Diana. "Is she-?"

"Why not?" Raven contorted, aim in the monster she saw in front of her. "You shot me, and Diana," She raised the rifle up to his head and pulled the trigger, however, the gun clicked, the last bullet used on a grounder. She pulled the trigger three more times before Murphy limped forward and took a seat in front of Raven.

"Yeah..." He leaned back. "I would've shot me too."

Murphy took the weapon from the dead grounder, using the blade to saw through the rope that held his hands together. He sighed in relief when it was finally done. "What're you doing here Murphy?" Raven rasped out in question.

"Dying." He put it simply. "Same as you. Same as her." He pointed to Diana.

"Speak for yourself." Raven spat. I'm not dying in this god dammed ship. She thought to herself. "How many more are out there?" She asked.

"None." He answered, throwing his head back. "You fried 'em all, only reason this one survived is because they left him behind to guard me." He said when Raven began coughing up blood and gasping for air she couldn't get. He got up. "Get on your side." He went to help her but she slapped his arm and shoved him away. "Fine roll over yourself then, just get on your side." She managed to roll over, blood pouring from her lips, Murphy grabbed a rag and wiped it away.

"Why are you helping me?"

He shook his head. "I don't want to die alone."

"You won't." A voice spoke dryly. Diana looked towards Murphy. "I'll be there when you die. I'm gonna be the last thing you see when I slit your throat."

"You're-"

"Probably not for long." Diana spat. "By the way Raven, I always thought you were really hot." She felt herself slowly draining of life, unsure of how much longer she could hold on.

"Shut up Diana, you're not gonna die." Raven shook her head.

___

Marcus Kane lined up his shot through his scope, eye on the man who was wielding a sword at two kids with hand made knives, two others who's hands were bound together with rope that was tied to a horse saddle. He took the shot, hitting the man in the chest before aiming again and fatally shooting him in the head. Kane looked up from the scope, seeing the delinquents he helped send to the ground look around confused and scared. Taking a step out of the brush, he whistled for the team of people to follow him, his gun was still pointed forward as they made themselves visible. He lowered the weapon, nodding slightly. "We're here now. Everything's gonna be okay." He told them.

Bellamy stared in shock, somewhat in relief. Diana's father was standing right there in front of him, alive, breathing. He didn't understand how it was possible, him and the closest people he had at the moment all watched the exodus ship the man was supposedly on crash. His eyes followed Kane as he turned the grounder over on his back to examine the damage. Confirm that the grounder was actually dead made him turn back at give one of the other men a nod.