𝟻.

ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢! 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚐𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍! ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

【 ⇠▸|◂⇢ 】

5.

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

Previously...

𝐼 𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑠𝑒. "𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙..𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑝 𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑝ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠."

. . . . . ╰──╮ˏˋ°•*⁀➷╭──╯ . . . . .

Once the siren creature had dropped me off on the rims of the forest, I turned to say goodbye but he was already gone. "Oh, thanks," I speak, naturally assuming he could hear me because his hearing was most likely a million times better then mine.

I grip the strap of my backpack, looking left and right as I run across the street. I feel like a criminal avoiding the law.

Facing the sheriff's department was not something I'd like to do today. All I wanted was to get home and investigate the meaning behind the bloodstained blue t-shirt.

My hand dives into my pocket as I fumble for my keys.

"Yo, neighbour." I hear a male voice speak behind me. He sounds young, at least ten to twelve years old.

He must be the house beside me. Not the one with the two girls, I have only waved to them.

I pivot to face him, my face dirty and slightly scratched up from getting myself lost in the damn forest. "Yes yes, hello. Can I help you?"

The boy was wearing a red and black football shirt, tanned skin and messy blonde hair with chocolate blue eyes. Very skinny as well. That boy needed to eat more.

"Keep ya head on. I was just going to ask your name. I am Jack, miss." He goes to offer me a hand shake. I slump my shoulders in defeat, accepting the handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Jack. I am {Y/N}. Tell your parents I said hello. Now I'd love to chat but-"

Jack waves a hand dismissively at me. "You're fine. I'll tell Mom and Dad ya said ello. Now go have a shower, you look filthy." He rolled his brown eyes with a smirk, walking back around to his house.

I scoff softly with a faint smile. "Yeah, that's what I'm going to do." I unlock my door with my keys, pushing open the wooden frame.

Inhaling the scent of my home, my muscles relax slightly. "Right, investigation time." I slide my backpack from my shoulders, unzipping it and pulling out the blood stained cloth.

First thing I noted, was the blood was somewhat dry and had a very faint coppery smell. It seemed to be in tact. I hold it up by the sleeves, noting several blood soaked gashes in the cloth. This certainly wasn't siren head, I don't think he'd stab his victims, he'd just eat them whole and spit out the ripped up clothing.

Upon further investigation, I turn the shirt around and see that blood was also around the back of the neck area. So what I thought was that the killer stabbed the chest area around three times and there was an injury to the back of the head or neck.

I would definitely have to call into work to notify them of what I have found. Sure they probably think I've died because I was a few hours over my shift, but still.

But how would I excuse my prolonged absence? 'Sorry sir I was talking to a giant monster' didn't seem very fitting. And if I say I got lost, they may have doubt in my skill.

"Now I've gotta store this." I speak aloud, grabbing another plastic seal bag to fold the shirt into. For now, I wanted to have a shower, clean off and have a sleep for the rest of the day, ready to continue the case tomorrow and see siren head.

───── ❝ 𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 ❞ ─────

𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭, 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝. 𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"𝐃𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞?" 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞, 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧.

"𝐘𝐞𝐬. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞?" 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

𝐈 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐚𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐩𝐞.

"𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄. 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄. 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓. 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆," 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝. 𝐌𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐰𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬, 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 {𝐘/𝐍} 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞.

𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞.