Chapter 17

I'm sure my parents freaked out when they saw a bunch of 18 year olds in their living room with their daughter laying on the couch looking as miserable as ever.

I tried to sit up with Ethan's help while my parents made their way to the couch.

"Mom, dad, this is Bethany, Corey, Brandon and Ethan. They're from my school and after the incident at the gym they came out to keep me company. We kinda all skipped class and hung out together until I started to get the same feeling I do when I try to remember things and they took care of me while I was out"

My dizziness started to come back so I laid my head on Ethan's shoulder, using his arm on support, our hands still intertwined.

"Is Ethan your boyfriend?" my mother asked, smirking.

"No, he's not. He's more of the school's bad boy, except he gets good grades and no girls" I replied, waving my hands dismissively without looking at Ethan when he lightly hit my head with his fist.

"Shut up, I have you" he whispered in my ear so my parents wouldn't hear, causing heat to creep up my neck which was undoubtedly red.

Based on my dad's glare, he probably heard him, or not, my dad had an angry resting face and it  amplified with Ethan sitting so close to me.

I pretended to not be fazed with his statement, continuing my talk and introduction.

My parents invited everyone to dinner and while my mom was in the kitchen, my dad started looking at everyone with his typical judging eyes.

"Stop it dad you're gonna make them uncomfortable" I said trying to get up but I stumbled back and Ethan caught me just in time and held me up.

Gosh, it has never been this bad in my life.

My dad looked at me in a worried way, he never saw me this powerless since the accident. He got up and started walking my way, he put his hands on my shoulders keeping me steady and said

"What happened? Tell me everything"

I told my dad what happened and he just looked at me in disbelief.

"What I'm understanding is that you got worked up cause your friends said Ethan had a girlfriend who doesn't actually exist?" he said, raising his eyebrow.

"I felt betrayed dad cause this dude is a jerk, it's my condition not me" I said cause what's better than blaming this unexplainable feeling on something I can't control? 

"Maybe you like him" Corey whispered, looking away.

"I'm pretty sure I would know if that happened. The feeling of realization was what kinda triggered my memories, it feels familiar" I said, trying to seem as calm as possible.

Why is Corey asking me if I like Ethan in front of my dad? Does he want us both dead?!

My dad just sat back down and sighed mumbling something to himself. Was my dad getting worked up because he thinks I like Ethan? A jerk like him?

Soon, my mom came in and asked us to go to the dining room while she lays the table. The boys and Beth insisted to help which left me and my dad at the table.

"Don't get too close to that guy" my dad said sternly, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Why? Sure he's annoying and mean but he's really interesting, he also brings out a lot of emotions in me, emotions I can't hide which is really rare. It never happened before, I wanna know why" I retorted, my heart squeezing a little while I looked at my dad dead in the eye.

Me and my father both have very strong personalities, so this talk was gonna lead to a dead end.

The food was served and the rest of dinner went by smoothly, but I kept wondering, who was that boy in my dream? Or was it a memory?

I need to know, and I'm sure my parents won't tell me. Guess I'll just have to look into it myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys for updating this late I was just really worn out from school and I had a completely different chapter written but Wattpad crashed and it didn't save which put me off a lot more.
I'll try to update tomorrow but no promises cause I have a lot of school work to do.

-Alexandra Banger