Chapter 50: Preperation

"I just don't get why you are doing this." The Duchess said.

Lyrica heard shouting through the door. When she looked at the door it was twice her size. She was able to get a peek into the room and she saw her mother sitting at her desk and another person she was talking to, though she wasn't able to see the person.

"You ruined my life...You and him! All those years ago!" The person shouted, "I don't get why you are complaining when you made my life so miserable!"

"You don't have to do this." The Duchess said firmly, "I don't understand why you have to put them against each other! They are just kids, do you understand that? Don't you care for you child's well being? What do you think all this is going to do for them in the future! It's going to destroy them. The only reason why I've been keeping quiet about what you've done is because deep inside I know you can be a good person. I want to give you a cha—"

"Well don't! Because you already know my objective. Let's just end the conversation here."

"Wait!" The Duchess exclaimed, "Don't do this to yourself...You still have a chance, just make it right."

"Tch, you and your daughter have the same personality. It's annoying." The person then walked towards the door where Lyrica was standing. The person opened it and she help up her hand, almost warning that she was going to slap her face.

"Stop!" The Duchess yelled out.

Lyrica eyes shot open and she was breathing heavily. She looked around and saw she was in her room. She felt her face and it felt like nothing hurt or got slapped. Lyrica reached over to her phone in the wooden night table and she checked the time. It was only 1 a.m in the morning, she had waken up a bit too early.

"Damn..." she felt like she couldn't go back to sleep so she decided to take a walk outside in the gardens. She grabbed her jacket, put on her slippers and left her room. The estate was quite everyone had gone to sleep and most of the employees had already left to go home. She was using her flashlight on her phone to guide her downstairs. That's when she heard a sound. It felt like someone near her.

Step step

She wouldn't know who it would be, but she prepared herself mentally to face them. She checked her surroundings for some sort of object to use and she found a wooden sword lying around on one of the couches. She grabbed it and walked carefully. She heard the footsteps closer and she swung the wooden sword to the person in front of her, but they caught it with their right hand.

"Hey!" It was a male voice.

Lyrica shined the flashlight to him and she was surprised to see it was Cassien, "You scared me!" She threw the sword at him.

"Ow!" It hit his stomach and he placed his hand over it, "What was that for!"

"I don't know! What are you doing awake?"

"I was getting a glass of water. I just finished some documents."

"Oh...Yea that makes sense."

"How about you? Why are you awake? Your Debutanté is literally tomorrow."

"Y-Yea...I couldn't sleep so I was going outside for fresh air."

"I see." He said, "Well let's go."

"Go? You want to go outside? Don't you want to sleep?"

"I have time to kill I guess. Plus I want to know why you can't sleep."

"A-Alright." She agreed and walked with him to the gardens. It was cold outside, but she wasn't so cold since she has a warm jacket on her. Though, the night sky was a bit cloudy and she could faintly see the stars hiding behind the soft feathered out clouds.