O N E - T W E N T Y

♡♡♡

August 18th, 2019

Lilah grinned as she walked into Stamford Bridge, her bag with her essentials over her shoulder and her hair in french plaits after Mason insisted on doing them for her for the match so it kept it out of her face. She hugs a few members of her team softly, asking how they were before she made her way to the changing rooms and puts her things in her locker.

"Finnegan, need you for 5 minutes." Lampard calls as she takes her jacket off, the girl hanging it up before she leaves the room and follows Lampard to the away side.

"Someone needs to speak to you." Lampard smiles softly before she walks into the room, the girl stopping and standing still as Brandon Rodgers stands there. She scoffs and looks at him, the girl looking at Frank who just shrugs considering he only knew a small percentage of what actually used to go down between Lilah and her old manager.

"If you've asked me here to slap me again, preferably don't do it in front of the entirety of my team." Lilah comments.

"I wanted to apologise." Rodgers speaks.

"Apology not accepted, enjoy the rest of your day." She shrugs before she walks past Lampard and back to the Home changing rooms.

"Boo." Tammy calls as she walks in, the girl almost jumping out of her skin as he laughs.

"Watch yourself Abraham." She pushes his shoulder before she goes to her station.

♡♡♡

"Aye look at you Captain." Ben beams as he stands in the line with the rest of his team to go onto the pitch.

"I can't converse with the dark side, but hey to you too Chilly." Lilah grins as she high-fives him quickly. Mason watched them both from the far end of the line, the brunette feeling the stupid jealousy inside of him rising until the lines began moving. Lilah ruffles Kepa's hair just before they entered the pitch, the girl laughing at him as they line up on the grass.

The girl shook hands with the opposite team as they made their way down the line, the girl laughing at something Chilly says to her before Madders gives her a beaming smile, one that she'd missed seeing whenever she'd walk into work. Once they were in their positions, Lilah was standing in front of Vardy, noticing the fairly dirty look he gave her before the whistle went and she got the ball from him, immediately passing it to Giroud who passes it onto Pedro.

"Fuck." She mutters to herself, noticing that Pedro had missed the net by a few inches. The team get straight back into the game, the girl managing to tackle the ball from the other team to hand it over to her own. She's passed the ball once again but she was too far to volley it, so she booted it over to Mason who just managed to throw it into the back of the net and score his first goal for Chelsea.

The team all cheer loudly as they run over to him, the group of them hugging and congratulating him which made Mason's heart fly with happiness. Lilah hugged him tightly for a brief amount of time, the girl smiling at him softly before she jogged off to continue the game. 

By half-time, the blues were still up by 1 nil, and Lilah was more than proud to have been apart of Mason's first goal for their team. Lilah sat in the changing rooms feeling rather energetic, the girl sitting alone whilst the rest of the team freshened up for the second half.

"You okay angel?" Mason asks as he sits beside her.

"Fantastic." She replies, moving some loose hair out of her face as she leans her head on his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you." Lilah mutters.

"Thank you, and hey, chin up, we're in the lead." Mason responds.

"I don't like playing against Leicester, I didn't last season either, something about Rodgers and Vardy still feels so off to me." Lilah admits.

"You're with the blues now Lilah, the big team, our dream team, don't let two wankers put your mood down." Mason whispers, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head before they were called to go back out for the second half.

They played the next 45 minutes fairly well, managing to block all but one goal which Ndidi managed to get after some help from Madders, and all in all it was a good match. Lilah was disappointed with the turnout but then again she was impressed with her team and how hard they tried within the game.

"Oi, Bolt, wait there a second." Madders calls as she stops, the girl turning around as Ben and James walk over and both hug her.

"I've missed you crazy two." Lilah laughs softly as walk down the tunnel together.

"Tell that Mason of yours he's a good player." Madders grins before he walks into the changing room. Lilah high-fives Chilly before she walks into the changing rooms herself, the girl throwing the ball at Mason who grinned at her softly.

♡♡♡

"Christ I'm hungry." Lilah comments as Mason shuts the front door behind her. She puts her stuff down on the floor and takes her jacket off first, the girl then turning around to face Mason who's smile was going absolutely nowhere.

"What can I do for ya' Captain?" Mason asks.

"I'm proud of you." Lilah smiles, resting her hands on his waist softly.

"Thank you." He replies, the brunette leaning down and capturing her lips in his softly. She ran her hands through his hair softly, her hands ending up on the back of his neck as he pulled her into him as closely as possible. 

"It's a good job I still have energy huh?" Lilah comments as he smiles, the brunette picking her up over his shoulder unexpectedly.

"It is indeed." Mason replies cheekily.

♡♡♡