seven.

THE NEXT DAY Jordyn was sits on her bed, drawing in her notebook when the door is pushed open and Caius strolls in

"Um hi?" She raises her eyebrows at him.

He slightly inclines his head, "We're going to the throne room."

Jordyn puts her pencil down and sighs dramatically, "Why?"

"You need to see how we do things." Caius answers simply.

Jordyn jumps off the bed and slides her shoes on, "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Yes, we will have Jane if anything goes wrong." Caius says confidently.

Jordyn nods and heads to the throne room.

The walk was silent, no one spoke a word. It wasn't the normal comfortable silence this time, it was awkward. Jordyn wants to jump out of the window from all the of the awkwardness.

But before she can, they reach the big wooden doors. Caius pushes them open easily and walked in with confidence, Jordyn follows him, her walk is much more pathetic, lacking confidence.

They walk up the replaced marble stairs, Caius takes his seat at his throne and Jordyn stands next to him.

A few moments later the doors are slammed open.

Jordyn watches as Demetri and Felix drag in a man, he thrashes all over the place, he has dried blood crusted onto his chin, down to his neck, and onto his shirt. Jane steps in front of Jordyn defensively.

Jordyn watches the man anxiously, his eyes are a bright red, like he just murdered a whole city.

Aro stands up from his throne and descends down the new marble stairs. He holds a sadistic smile on his lips.

"Oh my, dear Nicolas." Aros voice holds a disapproving tone to it.

Nicolas tries to lunge at him but Felix and Demetri hold him back.

"I didn't do it." Nicolas's voice is heavy with an English accent.

"Of course not." Aro grabs his bloodied hand, his eyes glossing over.

Seconds later he drops Nicolas's hand and tsks, "It seems you caused quite the disturbance."

Nicolas doesn't respond, instead he takes a deep breath and snaps his eyes towards Jordyn.

He is somehow able to spin out of Demetri and Felix's grip, Jane doesn't even have time to react.

He holds Jordyn up by her neck, her feet dangoff the floor. She gasps for air and claws at his marble skin.