Mission 45: Unyielding Will and Discussions in the Dark

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~3RDPersonPOV~~~~~~

Momo and Lily stood across from each other their glazes locked on the other. Each taking stock of the other, looking for the slightest weakness in the others stance. Momo stood there her fists raised in a boxing stance, both arms adorned with small buckler shields. 

Lily stood with her arms out, away from her body. Her hands opening and closing repeatedly, a low hum coming from them. It was the sound of her quirk winding up, building up vibrations increasing her power output.

(' OK, so maybe this won't be as easy as I thought. Yaoyorozu is tougher than I thought, and what the hell is up with those shields?! What the hell are they made of?!') Lily wondered to herself.

('I knew it wouldn't be easy, but this is beyond what I expected. She fights like Zuzu, she quick to adapt and her quirk is insane. I can't afford to take a direct hit from that!') Momo thought to herself as she tried to find a way to defeat her opponent.

Lily sensed Momo lose focus, and immediately darted forwards arm pulled back. Momo startled by Lily's sudden movement barely dodges her fist, jumping backwards but losing her balance in the process. 

Lily instead of trying to recover after her punch missed she continued onwards and switched targets instead punching the sand. The impact creating a huge crater and kicking up the now powdered sand. Creating an improvised smokescreen and blocking lily from Momo's sight.

Lily ducked low and rushed forward towards where she had last seen Momo, a second later she saw Momo's outline. Not wanting to give Momo a chance, Lily jumped up building up momentum she delivered a roundhouse kick to the torso splitting her in half.

('OH SHIT! I KILLED HER!') Lily thought as she landed on her feet. Instantly darting back towards the body, only to look down in confusion at the "body" in front of her. *Schklikt, klikt* Lily froze at the familiar sound of a shotgun racking a round. Which was followed by a sharp pain in her shoulder and a loud bang.

Lily jumped back as Momo emerged from under the thin layer of sand she covered herself with after making a cardboard cutout of herself. A small pump shotgun in her hands, she continued to fire at lily with the 3 remaining bean bag rounds her had left. 

('Thank god, Zuzu taught me about guns. Otherwise I couldn't have pulled this off') Momo thought to herself. Lily wasn't done yet however, after she was hit the frist time she jumped to the side as Momo fired her next shot.

Lily continued jumping from side to side changing directions as she charged forwards towards Momo. Ducking under the shotgun as Momo threw it at her as it was empty, lily not having time to build up vibrations in her arms, just spear-tackled Momo to the ground knocking the wind out of her in the process.

Momo to Lily's surprise recovered quickly and spun with Lily softening the landing as she continued the forward momentum. Now both girls were tumbling along the sand, trading punches along the way as both fought for dominance and the top position.

A punch to the face here, a return punch to the kidney there. They both kept fighting on, neither willing to yield to the other. Multiple bruises and cuts dotted each of their faces and bodies, but the fire in their eyes still burned bright.

Lily managed to break the cycle of them tumbling on each other, kicking Momo and giving to two abit of space. They both slowly stood up on shaking legs, both barely able to stand. Momo undid the straps on the bucklers dropping them both to the ground. 

As she could hardly lift her arms anymore and the added weight, however slight was a disadvantage right now. Lily was in a similar state, having the drawback of her quirk kicking in as in her rage she forgot to control how much vibrations she stored before creating that crater. Rolling around with Momo sure didn't help her vertigo.

Locking eyes with each other, neither willing to give in they simply started swinging at each other. Neither blocking the others attacks, it was a surreal scene but a familiar one for anyone who watched this years sports festival, as this fight had devolved into another slugfest.

Izumi was unable to watch this match any longer used her telekinesis to stop both of them mid punch. Her and Jiro running up to the fighters, were shocked to find that both were knocked out and still fighting.

~~~~~~~ElseWhere/Same time~~~~~

"Now then Kurogiri, give me a status report. How are my projects coming along?" a voice could be heard coming from a nearby monitor. As Kurogiri stood behind his bar mindlessly wiping a glass.

"It seems that your second successor isn't improving at all, each one of his new mistakes costs us dearly. Izuku's escape was due to his idiocy in leaving Toga alone with him, he wasn't able to see through her intentions. Whats worse is that she escaped along with Eri, setting our production back." He huffed slightly annoyed at his master for allowing Tomura this much freedom after all his failures.

"It matters not, that Eri or Toga escaped. That "product" was just a byproduct of our research and completely unnecessary for my plans. However I will take your words into consideration, now what of..... what was it he wished to be called? The new candidate for my successor?" 

Kurogiri paused slightly remembering the vicious ash-blond ruby eyed quirkless fighter that had joined them. "Dekugou.... he wishes to be called Dekugou, he believes it to be a mark of shame he must bare until he kills the one who humiliated him and took "his" rightful place."

If Kurogiri could smile he'd be grinning like the cat that ate the canary.

  " Unlike Tomura, young Dekugou, has been taking to his lessons well. From what I was told by our spy before he was captured, his bash and vicious nature kept him from properly learning. However now he his lazer focused on his goal and will do whatever he must to reach it."

"Is that so? Very well then, bring Young Dekugou to me let us put him to the test."