13

Stefan, Damon, Elena and Mikael all came up with a plan to kill Klaus but they needed Rebekah.

"I do want him dead but no, I won't help with it." Rebekah said.

"Why?" Damon asked.

"Because my sister. She does not want him dead and I don't want her going through the pain of losing him."

"She'll have a better life with him gone." Elena said.

"No, she won't. She loves him, she loves all of my brothers. I'm not going to help in her losing one of them." Rebekah walked out, slamming the door on the way.

"We need one of them, he won't just trust our word. And he's gonna ask to see the body." Elena said.

"Good point, brother. You have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena said.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael entered the room and placed one of daggers with the white oak ash on the table.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked.

"Then it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan said.

"Oh, I am in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael said.

"Where is it?" Damon asked

"Not here. Knowing its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So it falls to you."

"You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena asked.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance especially when it comes to trust."

**

Isabella got a text message from Stefan, telling her to come to the house.

When she got there, she walked in slwoly.

"Hello?" Isabella said.

"In here." She heard Stefan say.

When she walked towards his voice, she saw Mikael daggered on the floor.

"What is this?" Isabella asked.

No one answered her, instead Stefan put his phone to his ear and it rang a few times before Klaus picked up.

"Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"You're fathers dead." Stefan said.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus said.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan said.

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus said.

Stefan explained what had happened.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Klaus demanded.

"Well, he's here. Come by whenever."