10

a l i c i a

_______________

I woke up, memories of last night running through my mind. It was 8am and I knew I had to see him at work. I can't just quit because of what happened. I'll ignore him and avoid any contact as much as I can. I got up and took a shower, all I wanted to do was lay in bed and stay there. I got dressed and went downstairs to have at least some breakfast before I leave.

"Is something wrong?", my father asked as I sat next to him, but what could I possibly tell him?

That I fucked and kind of got in a relationship with a man who was supposed to be my boss and then I found out that he was fucking someone else as well?

"I'm fine. Nothing's wrong.", I replied and tried to be as much convincing as I possibly could, but I'm not sure he bought it. "You said you had something to talk to me about at dinner.", I said trying to change the subject.

"Yes, I do, is 8pm okay?", he asked. I nodded my head in response and after I finished my breakfast, I left.

There I was again, outside that building having second thoughts. I went in and didn't even bother to look around as all I could think about was how badly I wanted for this day to end. I checked my phone to see if I was late when I bumped into someone.

"Could you watch were you're going?", I snapped without even looking at the person.

"I don't know, could you?", the mysterious man said as I turned to face him and our eyes met. In front of me stood a tall dark haired man with beautiful brown eyes.

"See something you like?", he said as see looked at me directly in the eyes.

"I think this is the part were you ask for my name.", he then joked.

"Sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone who cares.", I replied and honestly I felt bad right after these words escaped my mouth.

"Oh okay, I see how it is. I'm Marcus.", he proceeded ignoring what I had just said. I was relieved.

The only reason I snapped at him like that was because of this storm of feelings that I had found myself into. Rage mixed with sadness, jealousy and confusion. Maybe I shouldn't have come here today. It was like one moment I wanted to punch someone and the other all I wanted to do was break down and cry. Part of me knew that it would come to this one way or another. I mean who was I kidding, to him I'm like a conquest. All that stuff he told me, nothing was true. All he wanted to do was fuck me. End of story.

"Are you okay?", I heard someone say, Marcus. I had zoned out and I didn't even know for how long.

"Yes, sorry what?", I replied.

"You were gonna tell me your name.", he continued.

"Alicia, now if you don't mind I really have to go.", he didn't even get the chance to say anything as I started heading towards the elevator, preparing myself for what the day still has in store for me.

I mean, I could still leave. No, focus, bitch.

I got to my desk and didn't even bother to talk to him or look at him, but suddenly he was standing right next to me.

"We're gonna have to talk about this at some point.", he said as he grabbed my hand.

"No, actually we really don't have to talk about anything because everything was pretty clear to me.", I said as I stood up taking my hand away from him. "You don't get to touch me, look at me or actually anything anymore. You had that chance and you blew it so I suggest you back the hell off and leave me alone.", I snapped once again as he looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes. I knew he regretted it, but I didn't care.

"I- I'm sorry.", was all he said.

"You're sorry?", I said laughing. "Is this another lie that I'm supposed to believe?", I added. "I thought I knew who you are, I mean we basically grew up together, but seeing you now, yeah that's not the Caleb I knew back then. This person right in front of me is a stranger to me. So basically I'm the one who's sorry for believing your stupid lies.", I felt tears running down my face as I took my stuff and left.

"Alicia, please wait.", I heard him say before I was gone. This really was a bad idea. And by this I mean from getting involved with Caleb, to even coming here today.

I got home, changed into something more comfy and laid on the floor trying not to cry. I heard my phone buzz, so I picked it up and saw it was Celeste asking how I was. I didn't even know what to answer to her, so I didn't. It wasn't even 10am so I decided to go for a run. I changed, again, put on my headphones and left.

As I was running, memories of our nights together were all I thought about. How with just by touching me, he could do whatever he wanted to me. How his gorgeous eyes were what I was thinking about from the moment I would wake up, to the moment I would fall asleep. He truly made me happy, which is why it was so easy for him to destroy me emotionally. I hadn't let myself feel anything for anyone, but with him it was so different. Nevertheless, from the moment I realised how I feel about him, I knew that this thing we had between us, could end only one way and that was me getting hurt, which is exactly was happened.

It's been almost an hour so I got back and took a shower.

*time skip to 8am*

I got out of my room and went downstairs.

"Just in time, sit.", my father said.

"Is everything okay?", I asked.

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine."

"So what did you want to talk about.", I asked taking a sip of wine.

"So, your mom called.", he sounded nervous. "She said she's coming to visit.", I looked at him in disbelief.

Just great. Exactly what I needed. Consider this day officially a roller coaster of emotions.

I mean, I don't hate her, but she still abandoned me as a child, so I don't love her either.

Even after what my father just said, all I was still thinking about was Caleb. I didn't even realise how strong my feelings for him were until that point. And they were pretty strong.

How the fuck does he even have that effect on me?

-- 

hey babes. i'll try and make the chapters from now on bigger. this one is actually really bad so im sorry.

--

plus it's like so difficult to find images for the characters, but here's what i imagine marcus to be like. what do we think?

 what do we think?