Chapter 8

His voice was rough with desire, a mischievous gleam in his eyes. His lips were smeared with my wetness and shone in the city lights surrounding us. My chest rapidly rose and fell as I caught my breath for the second time that night. I swung my legs back in the car and laid back on the seat with a deep sigh.

Reyn got up from where he knelt on the ground and pressed a kiss to my forehead before walking over to take a seat.

"You okay, princess?" He asked as I leaned over to return the seat to its original position. I smiled and looked over at him.

"More than okay."

"Good." He reached over to touch my cheek before pinching it slightly. "I let you off easy this time because of our misunderstanding earlier. But if you ever, ever refer to me as anything other than your boyfriend again I'll have you over my knee right then and there, babygirl, understand?"

My head nodded on its own before I even registered what I was doing. I looked down in embarrassment. His hand moved to wrap around my throat before he pressed his lips to mine.

"Good girl."

My skin was feverish, and I squirmed in my seat. Reyn, ever the epitome of composure, simply sat back and started the car without a care in the world. As if nothing had just happened. I wondered when I would finally be able to please him. Make him lose control. It hardly felt fair to take without giving.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" He asked, looking back as he reversed out of the parking space. I rotated my ring around my finger.

"Nothing."

"Haven't you caused enough trouble today, little one? Don't lie to me."

My face was turned away from him, looking out the window. This side of the city felt unfamiliar.

"Just thinking about my exam next week," I lied again. The only difference was, this time he believed me. But it wasn't untrue. I really did have a test coming up, and it was constantly in the back of my mind.

His hand settled on my thigh comfortingly.

"Are you stressed about it?"

"What don't I stress about?" I sighed.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, princess. I know you'll study hard." But that wasn't all that I was worried about.

"I probably won't be able to meet you until after it's over," I cautiously explained.

He looked over at me as we stopped at a red light. His expression gave nothing away.

"That's fine, baby. If that's what you need to do well, then that's okay with me. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, okay?" He rubbed my thigh once more before returning his hand to the steering wheel.

"You're not mad?"

"I mean the thought of not seeing you for a week definitely doesn't make me happy. But I understand why. I never want you to compromise your grades for me. I'll never make you choose like that."

"Thank god," I muttered, "I was so scared you would be upset."

"Dani baby, I think it'll take a lot more than that for me to get mad at you if that's even possible."

"In a month or two, you might be eating your words, be careful," I teased.

He chuckled and placed a hand behind me, cradling my head.

Soon, we reached my apartment building. When Daddy opened my door, I really didn't want to leave. I wrapped my arms around him. He recoiled in surprise before bringing his arms around me.