20| Charm & Pain

Vikrant :

I was finally heading back home and had bought a bouquet of flowers for the sake of showing off.
Anyways I was terrible with gifts.

I walked in through the door to see my aunt, who noticed the bouquet and everything.
"Aww..", she said cheering me up as I smiled awkwardly and nodded.
I turned by gaze to the staircase and climbed upstairs.

I opened the half ajar door and stared, she was standing before the mirror. She wore an orange saree with make up absolutely on point, she was wearing her earrings now. My heart skipped a beat or two.

Damn, she was so beautiful.
Her tattoo of the chakras of life that lined her back were visible from behind, and I couldn't tear my eyes off them. Don't ask me why, but I wanted to touch her.

I shut my eyes, trying to drive away the thought.

"Welcome home, Sher Khan.", she said pulling me out of the trance.
"Tha-Thank you.", I mumbled, my face heating up.
She turned around and walked up to me.
"Are you okay?", she asked with an unexplainable smile, as she took the bouquet of flowers from my hands.

"I... I am definitely okay.", I lied.
"You don't look okay, though.", she said, her face broke into a smile and my heart skipped another two beats. How can someone be so beautiful? This was not fair!

"Erm, why don't you get ready too? We may go out for a dinner.. I mean I dressed up so well, the world deserves to see it.", she said as I forced a smile and nodded.

"I have your clothes ready on the bed.", she said as I was about to walk past the bed towards the closet.
It was a white shirt with blue strips.
"Wait, this isn't mine.", I said getting my senses back for few moments, until her smooth voice replied, "I bought this one for you. All your clothes are anyways of the same grey and black."

I felt a gush of dopamine as I found myself smiling.
No one had ever considered buying me anything all my life, clothes was an absolute no no, but here this gorgeous woman got me a shirt.

" Thanks, it's good. ", I said as I picked up the shirt giving it a good look.

Simran :

I looked at him as she unbuttoned his shirt to wear the new shirt I had gotten him.

By the way, as a matter of fact, no one had asked me to romance him.
Yeah, you can laugh.
I just wanted to pull off one of my practical jokes on him, but now I was suddenly interested in knowing his romantic side.

Although, he was terrible with gifts of course- I mean which Billionaire gets a three hundred rupees bouquet for his wife?
But again, I wanted to know more about this man.

His physique was toned, his abs chiseled, with a tattoo of a Pegasus most probably on his shoulder.
"You've got a thing for tattoos?", I asked him.
"You too have, don't you?", he said as he wore the shirt, now putting on the buttons.

"I love tattoos.", I said with a smile.
Damn he was attractive, dangerously attractive.

"Okay, so let's get going. We've got to show aunt how romantic we are. ", he said with a charming smile.
"Sure.", I said turning to leave.

We were sitting in his car.
"Where are we going by the way, Simran?", he asked.
"We are going for dinner.", I said with a smile.

It took us around half an hour and we were sitting on the booked tables in the restaurant.

"So how's business going on Miss CEO?", he asked smiling.
"Splendidly well! I mean I never thought I could pull off this so well..", my voice died out as I noticed someone.

"I am the manager here, sir. Tell me what the issue is.", his deep voice said as he stood at the table just before ours, he wore a grey suit with nearly combed hair, brown eyes still holding the attractive sparkle.

"Your name, manager?", the customer asked.
"Suyyash. You can call me Suyyash.", he replied.

"What happened?", Vikrant asked but his voice seemed to come from a distance.
I immediately stood up, my gaze stood where it was.

"I-I will just come.. In-In a moment.", I mumbled and immediately turned to head towards the washroom.
I heard his voice as he spoke to Vikrant, introducing himself moments later.

I went into the washroom. It was empty. It was him. What bad luck was I carrying! I didn't need to see him now, especially with Vikrant.

Tears welled up, as if automatically.

"You'll love me forever more?", he asked intwining his fingers with mine.
We were at the marine drive, the waves hitting the rocks in the setting sun.
"Forever more.", I had replied kissing him softly on his forehead.

The feeling was claustrophobic.
Why?
Why was love so painful all the time?
..

Yes!
I updated ❤️
Next update I'll do really soon!

Don't forget to drop in your views!