fifty

"Can you back up?" I whisper as I roll my eyes swatting Jesse's head with my hand as he tries to get closer to me and I hear him heave a loud sigh as he lays back down on the bed

Jesse and I were in my room working on an assignment for our English class.

Now that Jesse and I are...together we've decided to work together on our English assignments again and we went to Ms.Warren to let her know. She had been a bit suspicious of us and she wondered what brought about the "change of heart" as she called it but her phone rang in the middle of our conversation and she dismissed us before we could say anything.

We're now in November and it's been a full week since we've been together officially and I feel like every day has been some sort of a dream. Even if it's only been 7 days.

Aside from the days that I've stayed after school to help Mr.Maddow, we've been almost inseparable.

Especially since my parents have actually grown a liking to him, he's been over here a lot lately.

Whenever I'm not sharing him with my dad, he's with me downstairs. Although my parents love him, he's still a boy, and although they think that our relationship has not changed and that we're still friends they didn't want him to be alone with me in my room.

The only reason that we're here now is that my dad was practically shouting into his phone while he was speaking to his cousins in Nigeria. The annoying thing is, the conversation wasn't even a heated one. I'm pretty sure they were cracking jokes but Jesse and I could barely hear each other speak so I complained to my mother that we couldn't work downstairs if we can't even hear our movie. So she let us come up here on one condition.

That's why the door to my room is open wide so that my parents can walk back and forth as they please without thinking that we're having sex had we kept the door closed.

Part of me wished we were still at the daycare at this point.

I continued to write notes in my notebook about the movie that was on the screen. Currently, we were watching The Vow. I couldn't imagine losing my memory and forgetting some of the most important people in my life. Especially my husband.

As I was writing, I felt my braids being pushed back behind my right shoulder and Jesse bringing his chin and placing it upon my shoulder. I feel his eyes on me as he rests in that same position and he says, "You're tired of me already."

I chuckle lightly without looking at him, my eyes trained on the paper, "I'm not tired of you. I'm trying to finish our work." I say in response and he groans in my ear as he sighs again

"Ok, but you can't do that later? I've barely seen you all day today." He says snuggling closer, placing his head in the crook of my neck causing me to snort in laughter quietly

"You've been here for two hours and we saw each other at school. The only time you weren't around me was when you had other classes to go to. Not to mention you taking me out to lunch off-campus." I tell him before continuing and saying, "Oh, and thanks for that by the way. I heard I missed a pop quiz." My voice drips in sarcasm and instead of the apology I expect from him I'm not even surprised to hear him snickering before he pulls his head out of my neck and makes eye contact with me.