𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

chapter fourteen didn't release for some of you so i republish it if you didn't get to read! x

"No, like the state." a six year old Alsaka corrected a boy in her class, his dark eyes bulging out of his head, "Cool, right?"

"Like with, Santa?" the taller boy asked hopefully as he looked down at Alaska who nodded her head eagerly, "And the elf's?"

"Yeah!" she explained, her voice squeaking as she grinned widely at her first friend she'd made ever, "Whats your name?"

"Demetri, I have no states named after me." he said with a frown down at the new sneakers that matched his star wars tee shirt. Alaska threw her Cheetos at his, having it bounce off his forehead, "Hey!"

"When I become princess of the world, i'll make a state named Demetri." she said with a nod of her head, watching his face flush and eyes lit up.

"Really?" he asked hopefully as she nodded, "Can I be king?"

"Sure!" she said with a grin, sipping the apple juice, "Moms says I need a prince."

"A prince?" he asked her as Alaksa nodded, "Does that mean I need a queen?"

"I think so." she confirmed with a hum and pointing to a blonde girl who was coloring, "She could be queen."

"I love her." he announced, standing up quickly, "I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Alaska watched him run off, eyes scanning the classroom. Snack time would come to a end soon, meaning they'd have to get back to work soon. Her eyes scanned face around the class room, looking for prince material. Her dark eyes set on a boy in the corner, his lunch box by his side as he cried into his knees. Alaska stood, messing with the clips in her hair as she walked over to stand before him, "Whats the matter?"

His eyes looked up at her, bright blue staring back at deep brown. Alaska noticed the scar on his lip, though his teary eyes distracted her. When he didn't answer she sat next to him, "Is your snack not good?"

The boy whipped his eyes as he looked over at her, keeping his hand clapped on his mouth as he spoke, "They're being mean."

"Who?" Alaska said as he pointed toward a table of kids, all looking over at the pair with a laugh, "Why are they being mean to you?"

"Because of my face." he said back to her, eyes scanning her face.

"Your lip?" she asked as he nodded and cried into his knees again, "Don't cry, I like it."

"What?" he asked her, voice muffled by the way he was buried in his knees.

"Adds character." she said as he moved his head a little to just look at her, "You could be a prince."