twelve

"five months, hoon. it's been five whole months." matcha said, staring at him as the two sat across from each other at myoll cafe.

"i know." he leans back on his chair. "i'm gonna miss here when i go back." he said. "i'm gonna miss you too."

the two sat there dejected, moods in the dump. "is there anything i can get you two?" a voice chirped out of nowhere. the pair looked up and saw a girl, the name tag reading 'dae'.

"uh, i'm not in the mood for anything right now, actually." matcha explains, smiling sadly.

dae frowns too. "awh, it's alright. anything for you, sir?" she asks, pen out. sunghoon thought for a while.

"could i order matcha?" he said.

"i'm literally right here." the girl said, staring at him with the famous '???' expression.

"alrighty! one green matcha tea coming up." the cheerful waitress skips off. the dumbfounded girl sat mum.

"did you forget your own name was a type of tea?" sunghoon laughed.

"now how was i supposed to know you meant it in that context?!"

"isn't it obvious?"

"no?"

sunghoon rolled his eyes. "you know, when i go back to the future i'll take a ton of matcha teabags with me so i remember you." he said.

the girl pffted. "sure."

but she couldn't help but notice how her heart sank a little at the mention of leaving.