Chapter 43 - Winds Of Change : Part Two

At Steep Wisdom, just before the wind blew through, Misako was helping their first customers.

Misako scooped some tea leaves in a bag and handed it to a customer. "I added a little something extra." She smiled warmly.

"Sensei!" Zane called as the four ninja ran up.

"It's an emergency!" Jay yelled, they were all panicked.

Kai cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice. "We need you!"

"It's important!" Cole added.

"Boys, not so loud. Can't you see we have our first customer?" Misako scolded.

"Wow, the real ninja! Oh, can you shock me?" The little girl asked Jay, excited.

"Uh...not now, kid. Maybe later, okay?" He smiled gently before he whispered to Misako. "Where's Wu?"

"Sensei!" Kai saw Wu.

"Yes?" Wu questioned.

"We were getting the word out..." Kai started.

Cole continued. "...and there was this wind..."

Zane seethed. "...and our powers disappeared."

Wu grew angry. "You were using your powers?!"

"Yeah, I know." Jay threw his hands into the air. "We're terrible students, but what happened to our powers?!"

The cold wind blew through the area.

"If your powers are gone, then something must have happened to..."

The four ninja noticed Lloyd approach the shop.

"It's Lloyd!" The little girl squealed.

"I know that wind... That's not Lloyd." Wu said softly, the ninja glanced back, they heard him.

The ninja walked over to 'Lloyd'.

"Step aside." 'Lloyd's' voice was a lot deeper.

"Lloyd! What's wrong with you?" Jay asked slightly concerned.

"I want a word with your master." 'Lloyd' growled.

"Whoa, Lloyd's gone through puberty." Jay muttered to Kai.

"What's gotten into him?" Cole wondered as Lloyd came closer.

"I sense some kind of foreign entity has taken over his body. So the question isn't what, but who's gotten into him?" Zane corrected.

Kai pushed in front of 'Lloyd'. "Whoever you are, whatever beef you had with Sensei, you have with us. Give us back our friend!"

'Lloyd' just cracked his neck and laughed.

"How are we supposed to fight a friend?" Cole questioned as he and the other tree got into fighting positions.

"Let me show you!" 'Lloyd's' skin turned a sickly shade of green, his hair turned black and he lunged at the ninja.

He sent a burst of wind toward them, none of them saw it coming and they all were sent flying back.

The mysterious being that possessed Lloyd laughed.

"Great, we don't have powers, but he does?" Jay groaned.

Everyone charged at him, but he easily fended them off.

"We may not have powers, but we still know a little thing called Spinjitzu! Ninja, go!" The wind threw Cole off. "Whoa! Ugh."

"So not only does he have powers, but he can control the wind, too?" Jay demanded.