WEEKEND

D O M I N I C  P O V

No matter where we are or what we do, the paparazzi are always there ready to take photos. It's out of control, and I hired four more bodyguards to protect the woman I love, and that's Stevie.

We are once again packed and ready to visit her parents, but Stevie informed me we would have to stay at the hotel.

Stood in the lounge, waiting for her to appear, so we could leave. But first I have a surprise for her, just hope she'll like it?

Slide my hands in the pockets of my trousers when she steps into the lounge in her jeans and blouse, pulling her case and holding the ring box. We exchange smiles and leave.

Gazed out the window of the car as we drove through the countryside heading to her parents. "Stevie, I have a surprise for you. I wanted you to have it before we went to your parents, but it can wait until we return," She tilts her body looking deep into my eyes.

Not taking our eyes apart, we lean and kiss. My entire body is melting into water with her soft lips on mine. 

After what seems minutes of kissing, she lifts her head, "Dominic, about my parents." Could see she wanted to tell me something, but she's hesitant in telling me. "Evie, just tell me," She takes a deep breath and her lips slowly open. "I'll start at the beginning, it just makes more sense," I nod take her hand in mine.

She takes a deep breath, looks at our hands and back into my eyes. "My parents couldn't have a baby, so they paid thousands just to have a baby. And I'm the result of the fertility treatment. But when they had the scan, they were told it's a boy, they were overjoyed. But the day I was born, my parents cried with sorrow. And from that day they have been disappointed in me, and they kept telling me how much it cost them to have a failure." My heart aches listening to her sorrowful words.

But I can't believe why any parent would be so fucking nasty to their child. Pulled her to me cuddling her tight, kissing the top of her head.

I'm trying to hide the fact I'm angry at how her parents treat her. "Stevie, I love you and I'm glad it fucked up for them because you wouldn't be here in my arms. And I wouldn't be able to kiss you," Lift her chin, and she smiles, but I can identify the sorrow in her beautiful light blue eyes. 

Pressed my lips to hers, and we lose ourselves in a passionate embrace with our lips making love. Our lips part just as the car arrives at the hotel, and three other cars following with our bodyguards.

Glanced out the tinted windows of the Range Rover to see the paparazzi waiting for us. Stevie lifts her bag to place on her lap and makes sure the ring box is there. 

The door opens with the bodyguards in place, and I step out reaching to take her hand. 

She rises to her feet, bows her head as I pulled her tight to my warm body and guide her into the hotel. 

Stepped into the lobby to notice it's not the luxury I'm used to, but it's just for two nights. 

Glanced around watching people staring with mobiles taking photos as we checked in. "We have the entire top floor reserved, Dominic Davenport," I said to the receptionist. She smiles, looks at the computer screen, and glances at the bodyguards.

Pulled Stevie tight to me, so I could whisper to her, "It'll be Christmas before she checks us in." She laughs and everyone is staring. 

Gaze into Stevie's eyes as we wait to get checked in, and I just couldn't help myself. My lips press softly on her flushed lips and kiss. My god, we heard gasps and the mobiles are flashing.