[10] Fallen Sister

Kelsey's POV

Do you ever get those days where you just feel invisible? Like when you're in a crowded room and no one notices you're there. That feeling of emptiness filling you're entire body, and your brain feels as if it's been shut down.

Well, I'm having one of those days today.

I woke up feeling completely drained, not paying attention when I was pouring the milk into my cereal, over flowing the bowl. Then I found myself sitting in the shower for an hour and a half just staring into nothing.

I think it's because I've been seeing Erica in my dreams. Well I wouldn't call them dreams, more like nightmares.

The night I found her body, the way she laid there motionless...it keeps replying in my head. It feels real, and I don't know how to stop it. I can't sleep at night, I can't even bare to close my eyes because I'm too afraid to.

Feeling my phone vibrate against my leg, I pick up the phone, unlocking the screen before reading at the messaged.

From: Peter

EMERGENCY MEETING!!
GET OFF YOUR ASS AND COME TO THE LOFT!!
NOW!!

Wow, I didn't even know I had Peter's number, he must've taken my phone and added it himself or something, because I don't remember asking for it. I guess I better get going if it's an emergency meeting.

Once I was at the loft, I didn't feel up to facing Derek, so I decided to just stand in front of the door for awhile. But it didn't last long since Peter dragged me in telling me to "man up".

Around the table, Derek stood facing the window, Boyd and Cora around the side, and Peter and myself on the other side of the table. They haven't told me why I'm here yet, they haven't really said anything, just mostly looking back and forth from the table where a bunch of papers were scattered.

I can't tell they're planning something, something big and probably very stupid that we could end up being killed or brutally injured. "I know where they are." My brother shouted as he came through the loft door.

"Same building as the Argents, we know." Derek replied. Hmm, if they're in the same building as the Argents, does that mean Chris and Allison know that?

"Cora and I followed the twins." Boyd said, looking at my brother who was slowly walking towards the table. "Then they want you to know."

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter added.

Why would they want us to know where they are? "What is this?" Scott asked, looking at the paper scattered table. "Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike."

"You're going after them?" Scott asked.

"Tomorrow. And you're gonna help us." Derek said, looking in Scott's direction before turning towards me. "You both are." Oh great, the first time I can really kick some ass, are a bunch of extremely powerful alphas.

"They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above Allison." Derek told us. "So kill them first, that's the plan?" I ask.

Boyd nodded. "They won't even see it coming."

"Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?" Why does Scott always have to be the goodie-goodie and try to come up with a "better solution" that's always less fun and sometimes ends up going wrong.

But then again, he does have a point. Killing them would make us just as bad as they are. "You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him." Peter tells my brother.