Flight

George woke up with a pounding headache. He looked out the window. Misty light shone through his windows. Outside it was still gross. Clouds covered the gray sky with rain still guzzling down on and off.

This same weather persisted on and off for the next few days. George found his headache persisted with the cloudy sky.

As the days grew nearer to his flight, George still felt feverish. He found himself waking up every night in a cold sweat. Nightmares flooded his sleep schedule. He imagined scenarios where Dream mocked him and made fun of his feelings. Scenarios where Dream and Sap just laughed at him until he woke up.

Monday night approached him and he hadn't received so much as a text from Dream. After George had sent that snap, radio silence.

George hadn't showered in a few days but he ignored that. He groggily sat up from his bed he hadn't left in days. He stood up and pulled a suitcase out from under his bed.

He snatched some clothes from his closet. Endless amounts of hoodies. Some Sapnap merch and some of his own. He hesitated while putting in his black Dream smile hoodie, as well as a few others with the same logo.

George sighed. He had sunken into a sort of depressive state. It killed him to think this is what he had become after just a few days without Dream.

He finished packing and called Sapnap.

"George!" Sap answered in his usual cheery tone.

"Hey Sappy."

"You sound down, you still haven't heard from him, have you?" Sapnap's voice fell.

"Not even a text." George responded shortly, "Are things going ok in Florida?"

"Yeah, he's been the same, maybe a little quieter." Sapnap said.

"Interesting." George was hurt.

"Look George, it seems like this is crushing him as much as it's crushing you." Sap replied, "Maybe just shoot him a text."

"Okay thanks Sapnap. I'll see you soon man."

"Bye George."

George hung up. The light from his phone faded and he was alone. In the dark.

He texted Dream. 'Hey, I land tmrw at 4:00 you better pick me up dumbass :)'

George smiled for the first time in a while at the thought of meeting Dream, and seeing Sapnap of course.

He sighed and flopped down on his bed. He switched his phone screen to Spotify. The song Helium by Glass Animals played through his airpods.

'9:09, you gonna call it or am I?'

George scoffed, ironic.

Disgruntled he rolled over on his bed and sunk into another night of spotty sleep.

----

George woke up to another day of rain rolling down his window panes. He had an hour and half before his flight. Shit.

He hustled out of bed and rushed to shower.

He stepped out of the comforting stream of water with a groan.

After 15 minutes of collecting his belongings and putting on some signature Yeezys he stepped out his door and locked it, making his way to his car.

The drive to the airport was filled with anxiety, dread and shitty radio music which he finally shut off after Heatwaves started playing.

He arrived at the airport and parked his car in the parking garage. The airport was dead early on a Tuesday morning.

After going through security, George sat down on one of the chairs in his gate. He mentally prepared for the 12 hour flight and what was waiting for him at the end of it.

Once his boarding group had been called and he was in his seat, he unlocked his phone. A text from 'Dreamy :)' came through. 'Sure thing Gogy'

George smiled. Gogy. He quickly realized how early it was for Dream: almost 5 am, meaning Dream probably hadn't gone to sleep. Meaning he was talking to people that weren't George all night.

His heart began to beat rapidly in his chest. He was crammed in the window seat with two people blocking his exit. Heat flashes took over his body and his breathing began to get heavier.

He contemplated calling Dream, knowing that used to be one of the only things that could calm him down when he got like this.

He decided against it knowing he might only become more distraught with Dream's lack of emotion.

He tried to push away his doubts and while he was at it he tried to push away his feelings towards Dream. The 'more than just best friends' feelings as he referred to them in his head.

He needed to get his emotions in check before he met Dream for real.

Thoughts of worry and embarrassment filled his head as he drifted off to sleep.

----

It was 7:00 his time when he woke up meaning it was 2:00 for Dream and Sap.

2 more hours. He thought.

George felt like shit. He had always slept more than the average person but this was excessive. All of his worrying had knocked him out.

George spent the next two hours of his flight in a panic. His leg was bouncing up and down and he began fidgeting and cracking his knuckles every so often.

Finally the captain came over the sound system alerting passengers that they were descending.

George went on his phone. He went to twitch and pulled up another chill stream from Dream's account.

Dream greeted the stream with cheerful hellos as donations came rolling through being read by the automated voice.

George instantly felt calmer. Just the sound of Dream's voice filled him with so much admiration and happiness. George could only imagine what his face would do to him.

The stream went on the same way for around 45 minutes. Eventually himself and Sapnap had joined the stream and he had to turn it off, cringing at his past words.

George froze, the plane had descended through the clouds and he could see the tropical Florida scenery.

George looked over the city of Orlando at the thousands of tiny houses. Only one thought was going through his brain. Dream lives in one of those.

After a few minutes the plane touched town on the landing strip. George got his carry-ons situated and texted Sapnap.

'Just landed, r u guys on your way??'

He pocketed his phone and followed the line of people out of the plane.

Once inside the airport George headed to baggage claim. He stood with the other somewhat familiar faces from his flight, all waiting for the luggage to come around the carousel.

George's body was filled with dread and anxiety. He pulled out his phone to distract himself. He was met with a text from Sapnap: 'Almost there'

George's face flushed and he was suddenly overheating. He could feel the humid Florida breeze circulating even inside the airport. The weather was overwhelming to him being in sweatpants and a blue crew neck.

To take his mind off the heat, the baggage carousel began turning. He inhaled sharply. One step closer. George was on edge to say the least.

After a few minutes he saw his blue suitcase pop out of one end. He walked a few paces to grab it and took out his phone. Just before he unlocked it he heard a voice coming from behind him.

"GEORGE!!"

George whipped around.

A/N: GUYS, I'm so excited for the next few chapters!!!!! There's gonna be some drama asf. Also for anyone wondering i'm not rly comfortable with writing smut but there will be fluff and cute stuff later!!!

Word Count: 1213