C H A P T E R 4 3

B I R D S chirped in the lawn

B I R D S chirped in the lawn. Their bright voiced acting as the best wake up call. Their wings fluttered as they flew from one side to the next. Stopping in the tall branches of the trees. Occasionally dipping themselves in the artifical pond made for them. Their beaks lifted the pieces of bread Hoor had thrown out for them. Praying for her in their tiny, innocent hearts.

Inside her sunlight lit bedroom, Hoor fluttered around her closet. Busy, looking for something pretty. Today, she and Mustafa would be going to her parents place for lunch. The first time since her marriage. She was thankful to Allah, for giving her her parents back. She had lost all hope, that her parents would ever reconcile with her.

The day being a Friday, Mustafa had already dressed in a white boski shalwar kameez. And head left for the Jummah prayer in the nearby masjid.

Hoor sighed. Not being able to select any outfit. She wished in that moment to have had a female in her life who could her out of her predicament. Unfortunately, there was no one like that in her life.

Finally, stumbling on a Mustard raw-silk shirt, with off white flared pants. Hoor smiled. Perhaps she would wear that. The shirt was plain, having a v-neck. The neck had two tassels and at the end was a metal embellishment. As if someone had stitched on a jhumka to her shirt. She paired it with a mustard organza dupatta. And cream heels.

The past few weeks, Alia had been teaching Hoor all about personal grooming

The past few weeks, Alia had been teaching Hoor all about personal grooming. She had taught her how to straighten, curl and blow-dry her hair. As well as basic makeup techniques. With the help of her ma and a stylist she brought over, Hoor learnt to refine her fashion skills. Not only that, the woman had gotten her a tutor to help her learn how to embroider.

Alia had no idea how much that helped Hoor. Hoor, although still felt not as up to date as the rest of her age fellows, she knew it was a step in the right direction. Infact, Mustafa had promised to help her learn English. And was already looking for a way to get her enrolled into a school. So that she could fulfill her wish of having an education.

Only last night Mustafa had bought Hoor an iPhone 11 pro max. Teaching her how to call him. It was the most basic of accomplishments. However, she felt as if she could now conquer the world.