chapter twenty

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER TWENTY

" WHO'S EIRENE? "▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

" WHO'S EIRENE? "
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ROSIE STRUGGLED TO remove the handcuffs restricting her to a hospital chair. The fear started to rise inside her chest. They were not going to put her in the Maze not without her consent. No way in hell. "Help me!" The girl yelled hearing her yells echo inside the glass room. She wanted to get out of here but it felt like no one was coming to her rescue.

     The automatic metal door opened revealing a man in his late 40's and a young girl around the same age as Rosie. The man wore an expensive gray jacket and khaki pants with a brown watch. The blue-eyed girl with adorning wavy hair tucked her bottom lip debating in her mind if what they were doing was the right thing.

"Get me the hell out of here!" Rosie screamed kicking whatever was near her. Tears rolling down her face as the girl she knew a whole year strapped her tighter to the chair. "Don't do this!"

The terrified girl in her lab coat shook her head, "I'm sorry, Rosie." She replied to her avoiding eye-contact with her friend. "But, we need to find a cure and what you did—you destroyed months of research."

"Hate to break it to you, Rosie," the older man spoke walking to the left side of her, "but, you're now part of the experiment."

"Please don't do this," Rosie pleaded knowing what was soon going to happen to her, "somebody help me!"

A chuckle erupted from the man's lips gaining Rosie's attention as the girl prepared the injection. "Go on, yell, scream!" The man grinned in satisfaction, "no one's coming to save you."

Rosie yelled out for the one person she knew was going to do anything to get her out of there. The girl who would go to hell and back for Rosie. "Eirene!" The girl called out for her. "Eirene! C'mon," she muttered the last part hoping for the best.

He shook his head at her sitting down grabbing a hold of her chin forcing her to look at him, "she's not coming."

Years of friendship built, Rosie knew for a fact Eirene wasn't going to leave her without a fight. "Yes she is," Rosie whispered jerking her head away, "she wouldn't leave without me."

"She's dead, Rosie."

Rosie's heart plummeted down, her chest starting to beat in a faster speed. More tears forming in her eyes as the person that had kept her going was dead. They killed her.

      A boy rushed inside pointing to another laboratory, "it's ready for her." He announced with a short of breath. His eyes roaming to look at the girl strapped into a chair. Guilt forming in his body when they shared eye-contact. Her eyes wondered down to the blood-stained shirt and dried blood on his hands.