21

(Omniscient)
Three Hours into Flight

"Nee. Davanee. Nee. Wake up," Ace shook Davanee as she laid there on the couch.

"What?" She asked him when she finally opened her eyes.

"Wake up, come eat," he says.

She looked around. "Ace, if I find out you woke me outta my sleep for some food, I'm gonna punch you in the throat."

He chuckled at her remark. "Get up and eat. Then you can go back to sleep."

She smacked her lips before she slowly got up. "Ok, where the food at?"

"It's on the table," he pointed. "And over there to the side. They set that up a lil bit after you went to sleep."

"What's on the menu?" She asks, stretching

"Don't think about that, just know that it's healthy and I ain't get chu nun wit any meat. Plus, I gotchu apple juice instead of champagne..."

"Oh ok, you already ate?"

"No, I'm waitin on you."

She lets out a breath before she got up. "...ok. Let's eat."

They sit around the table with the two plates waiting for them.

"You wanna say grace," Ace asked.

"Sure," she smiles.

They join hands and bowed their heads. Davanee uttered a short and simple prayer, allowing them to finally start eating.

"How much time we have left?" Davanee asks Ace.

He pulls his phone out. "It's eleven forty now and we not supposed to get dere til about twelve am over there so there's like three or four hours left."

"Twelve AM over there?" She raised her eyebrows as she took the eating utensils out of the napkin.

"Yup, that's what it said on the paper."

She nodded before she stabbed her meal with the fork. "You didn't sleep?"

He shook his head. "I wasn't tired."

"So what were you doing all this time?" She asks right before she puts food in her mouth.

He shrugged. "Homework."

She lets out a small chuckle. "You lying now?"

"I'm deadass. I wanted to finish all of my homework so that when we get there, ion have it to do," he says.

"Well did you finish?"

"Not yet. I still got the class ion like and Pre calc."

"Oh, want to do it together?"

"You don't wanna sleep more after ya done eating?"

She shook her head. "Eventually I'm gonna go back to sleep but no."