Chapter 26 -Wish come true

When you finally got over the fact your finally knew your birthday, they all started to sing Happy Birthday which you stopped immediately, feeling too awkward. The candles flickered as your wish was swarming your mind.

"Make a wish and blow every candle out at once to make it come true," Wanda smiles.

One big breath in and out the air went, every candle going out except one. Your face fell before you blew it out as well after your first breath ended. "Well, at least now you can tell us what your wish was," Peter's enthusiastic nudge made you chuckle.

"I just want to see Anna again, she was another Carny in the circus," you inform the others. "A bit of a stretch but... she was like my big sister,"

"Well, don't worry," Tony assures, taking out his present. "Present time!"

~~~

You were at utter awe at every gift you received. For your very first birthday celebrated, you don't think it could ever be outdone! From clothes, to money, to jewellery, to books, all was left was Loki's present.

You met his eye as he checked his watch nervously. "Did you... not get me anything?"

"No! I mean yes, but... it's complicated," he rambled on, lifting his eyes to the elevator. "Uhm, you see-"

Suddenly the elevator dinged and a woman with long dark brown hair and deep dark brown eyes exited. "You would not believe how much traffic there was!" She laughs, dusting off her long lace sleeves. "Seems like everyone is travelling into different universes,"

"Anna..." You mumble before sprinting to her, your bodies colliding until the ground was met. "What are you doing here??" Tears streamed down your cheeks as she groans.

"I came to see you, my kupu-kupu," she sat up as you moved off her. "I didn't know if you still remembered me," the admitted thought made you face fall. (My Butterfly)

"Forget you? How could I ever forget you??" Taking her back into a hug, she felt her shoulders dampen with your happy tears. "I missed you so much- h-how did you even know I was here?"

"Your husband sent me a letter," she held up a black envelop with a green snake wax seal.

"Husband? I don't have a husband,"

"Isn't he your husband?" Anna points to Loki who's cheeks deepen in red. "Am I a few years too early?" she whispers to herself which you hadn't caught.

"Uhm, no, no he's not my husband," pursing your lips in embarrassment, you help her up. "Where have you been all this time?"

"You know, the usual universe jumping," she admits.

You laugh, the Avengers paling. "Oh, calm down, it's a joke, because she has so many odd stories it's like she can travel into different universes,"

"Mhm! Total joke," Anna scoffs, trying to convince them further before she winks at the screen you read on currently. "Anyways! I'm here to spend time with my darling Y/n on her birthday,"

"How long can you stay?"

"As long as you want, I just moved here so I'll be visiting often," her cold palms clutch your cheeks softly. "Now, I hope you kept the bear,"

"Of course! Come on!" You drag her down the hall, her chuckle ringing through the space as every watched gently.

"You like her," Nat coos, facing the hall.

"I do not!" Loki and Bucky shout before looking at each other. "Who are you talking about?" They glare. "Who are you talking about?" They turn to Nat.

"I was talking about Loki liking Y/n... but it seems Barnes likes her too~"

"No thank you, Y/n is like an annoying little sister, I was talking about Anna," He clears up the confusion.

"Oh! So you like Anna?" Sam nudges his friend and Steve chuckles.

"No, I don't!" the group hums in a fake belief.

"Oh, so you wouldn't mind me asking her out?" Steve muses.

"You can't even deal with fake flirting from Nat, how are you going to ask Anna out?" Bucky deadpans.

"Then I will," Sam walks forward only for Bucky to pull him by the collar and throw him back onto the couch.

"Don't you dare."

"A little rough, don't you think?" Anna laughs when she entered back with you. "Anna Watson," she held her hand out which he shook lightly.

"Bucky Barnes,"

"Sergeant Barnes? 107, right?" He nods with a slightly hanging mouth. "Some of the older girls in the circus told me stories all about you and your charm,"

"D-did they?"

"Mhm, but the pictures weren't great... now I can see what the talk was all about," she smirks before letting go of his hand pulling out a box for you. "Happy 23rd, hope you like it,"

"Anna..." you open the box and see a card over a rolled up canvas.

"Oleg, Miss Xu, Fifi, Rocco and I painted it the year the circus shut down," she helped you pin it down to reveal a scene split into 6, you doing your act, everyone else mentioned doing their own. It was true carnival styled image and you couldn't help but let the tears fall.

"Thank you," tugging her back to you, she buries her head into your shoulder and sighs. "What happened with the rest?"

"Well, Oleg got arrested for Fabian's death, Rocco broke him out, and Miss Xu brought him to China where he lived until moving all the way back to Norway, Fifi and Rocco met when Rocco was on the run for helping Oleg, met in Russia and I'm pretty sure they have two kids,"

"Oleg took the fall?" you whimper.

"Oh, don't worry, he was happy to do so, you were like a daughter to him after all," she laughs lightly. "He has an onion garden, sends me photos every so often, he's very proud of them,"

"They're not mad?"

"Of course not! Now, come on,"

~~~

Chris Evans just makes me 🦋🦋

- Anna ❤️