Part 5

The small vehicle stopped right behind the enormous building and Hans along with his men got out carefully. No one should see them eitherwise the plan would be completely spoiled. Hans left the mini van last after giving the final directions to the driver.

"And you will be waiting in the helicopter just like we planned." he ordered him before disappearing inside the palace.

Hans walked inside casually as if he was owning the place; with his classic charming grin and his hands in his pockets. Tonight was the big night. The biggest one of his career so far. Tonight was the night that he would pull out the biggest heist in the century. A heist so well planned no one would ever suspect a thing.

"You will replace the jewelry with the fake ones while I will be at the great hall keeping the crowd entertained. It will be years until they realize they're keeping fake jewels, while we will be sitting on a beach earning twenty percent." had explained to Eric his most trusted companion and the one with the most important task. To take the royal jewelry and replace them with fake gemstones.

"Well you didn't bring me here for my charming personality." Eric's eyes shined with mischief. " Trust me I know what I'm doing."

"I hope so. Otherwise you know I am not very tolerant nor forgiving."

"Neither are the Russians, boss." Eric nervously laughed trying not to seem too intimidated by him.

Hans liked to show people his power. In every single big heist of them he made it clear HE was the one in charge. Not Theo, not Marco, not Eric not anyone. He made sure they knew his true nature behind the cold and collected mask and how far he could come. Everyone he crossed paths with knew how ruthless and how dedicated to his mission he was and even his own men feared him deep down.

"Well she didn't fear you." a voice inside his head said. It was true, she never showed the slightest fear even when he had a literal gun against her head. He felt a little pinch in the thought of her. It has been two years since the events of Nakatomi plaza. When he first met her she had just beaten unconscious one of his men and she was pointing at him with a small dagger. He couldn't help but admire how fierce she was even under those circumstances.

And now after all this time he was going to see her again. She was going to be there unaware of his presence, dedicated to her own mission. Meanwhile that American piece of shit, her colleague was planning on betraying her.

"But I have studied my homework very well mister William..." he whispered to himself and then turned to one of his men who was next to him.

"Make sure all security will be unarmed and tied up in the basement by the time I give the signal and don't forget the American spy."

"Don't worry boss. We got him. What about the other one?"

"Leave the girl to me." he said and entered the ballroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was shining bright in the sky despite the fact that it was the 25th of December. The wind was blowing through the car's open windows messing with your hair that kept coming to your face despite all your tries to keep them down. Your eyes wandered outside for a bit admiring the snowy fields and hills you were passing, wondering if you'd ever have the chance to see this place again.

" Russia is a beautiful country." Hans said like he had read your mind. "Too bad we can't stay longer here and enjoy it."

You chuckeld.

"Well not exactly. We can stay and admire the country's prisons. I'm pretty sure they're astonishing." Hans turned his head for a moment to give you an angry look before turning to face the road again.