Part 21

Zaid and Maira asked in unison to Dr. Yusuf: Kaisi hai princess?

Dr. Yusuf: We are sorry.

Zaid could not take this. He quickly holds Dr. Yusuf's collar and yelled at him

Zaid: kya bakwash kar rahe ho (what rubbish are you talking about?)

Seeing the anger and bloodshot red eyes of Zaid Dr. Yusuf quickly said.

Dr. Yusuf: We are sorry we could not save the child.

It was Mahira and Saad, who was holding Zaid's hand and pulling him behind so that he could leave Dr. Yusuf's collar. and Dr. Zoya and Dr. Ibrahim were pulling Yusuf back from Zaid as they knew it is just a matter of time but still they knew how short temper Zaid was.

Saad never wanted Zaid to lose his temper completely and harm Dr. Yusuf so he quickly asked

Saad: Aur bhabhi kaisi hai. (and how is sister-in-law?)

Dr. Yusuf, Dr. Zoya, and Dr. Ibrahim all looked at each other before answering because the answer which they were going to give was not at all good.

Mahira could not bear this silence anymore and said

Mahira: Yusuf bhai batayena meri princess kaisi hai please kuch to boliye bhaijan (Yusuf bhai please tell me how is my princess. Please say something.)

Tears were rolling down her eyes. 

Yusuf holds Mahira's one hand in his and his other hand on Mahira's head.

Saad and Zaid saw this but did not react as for them it was only Zarin right now in their mind

Yusuf: Mahira tumari behan ki halat thik nahi hai. Usko bahot sari internal injuries hai and .. (Mahira your sister is not at all well she has many internal injuries and..)

He took a pause and breathe in and out and said.

Yusuf : Aur uske dono leg mai fracture hai. Next 24 hours bahot hi critical hai agar usko hosh aagay to allah ki bahot badi meher hogi warna. And he pauses again. (she has a fracture in both her legs. The next 24 hours are too critical for her. If regains conciseness then it will be like a blessing from almighty otherwise and pause again.)

Saad: Warna kya doctor (otherwise what)

Yusuf : warna woh coma mai ja sakti hai ya is duniya ko chod kar. (other she will go in coma or will be dead)

Hearing this Mahira stumble back but due to Yusuf's hold on her hand she was standing otherwise would have already fallen on the ground. 

The silence was interrupted by a nurse calling for Dr. Zoya as one of her patients was in labor pain and was calling for Zoya. so Dr. Zoya had to leave. But before leaving she hugs Mahira and said she will come back to check on them once the delivery is done.

Dr. Ibrahim too left but not before making a comment

Ibrahim: Aap sab uske liye duva kare kya pata aap ki duva ka aasar ho aur woh thik ho jaye (you all should pray for her who know that your praying will bless her)

Dr Ibrahim patted Zaid's shoulder and then left.

Saad: kya hum bhabhi ko dekh sakte hai. (can we meet her?)

Yusuf : yes after 10 minutes. Hum unko OT se ICU mai shift kar le uske baad. (Yes after 10 minutes once we shift her from OT to ICU that you can meet her)

Zaid was like a statue he could not feel anything. He wanted to scream, cry, hug Zarin but it was like his own body has got paralyze he could not feel and could hear what was going around him. Zaid sat down on the chair.