013. skipping school with regulus black

S O R R Y

 xiii||skipping school with Regulus Black

The sun makes the lake look like it's shimmering as the two teenagers sit on the grass next to the dark waters. Skipping school with Regulus Black is probably the best bad idea Maria Potter has had since she died James' hair permanently pink on Halloween and their mother had to do a spell to get it to change back to it's messy brown state.

The sun is right in front of them, an hour or so until it submerged beneath the horizon, leaving them under the sparkling stars. The sky is decorated with beautiful pinks and oranges as Maria gazed out across the calm water, her dark eyes looking amber in the light.

She feels stormy eyes burning into her skin but ignores the stare as she stands up and walks towards the lake further, earning a frown from Regulus as he also stands up.

"I'm sorry, you know." Maria says after pursing her lips and Regulus raises an eyebrow at her, clearly meaning 'elaborate'. "About Sirius, if I lost James I don't know what I would do."

"Can we not talk about our brothers right now?" Regulus asks softly and she turns to him with a small smile.

Arms around around his neck before he can comprehend and her face is buried into his shoulder. He hesitated before slowly clinging onto her as well, his head in the crook of her neck. Maria shivers slightly as his lips coincidentally brush her neck as he hugs her back, closing her eyes as she hugs him tighter.

Then she's cold.

Water surrounds her in a splash and she gasps as she surfaces from the water, her glare set on a laughing Regulus Black.

"Cockhead." Maria mumbles as she swims towards the edge of the lake. "You're such a prick, you know that?"

"Oh, I know." Regulus laughs but catching her glare he sighs, rolling his eyes before holding out an arm to hoist her up.

Maria ponders for a moment before reaching up and grabbing his hand, he's about to pull her up when's she yanks his hand and he also plummets into the water, splashing water all over Maria but she doesn't care as she laughs.

Regulus surfaces from the water with an annoyed and amused expression. "Was that really necessary?"

"Yes."

Regulus rolls his eyes as they tread the deep water, Maria's chin occasionally sinking into the water as she stays afloat. Regulus grabs under her arms with a smirk as he holds her up and she sticks out her tongue at the tousle haired boy.

Regulus' grey eyes watch her, memorising each and every detail of her beautiful face, every freckle, every hazel fleck in her chocolate eyes, the small dimple on her left cheek whenever she smiles widely.
Maria however, swallows under his intense gaze as she maintains the eye contact.