Chapter 9

Cherries had never been a favourite of mine. I preferred strawberries more. So, I have no idea why I liked the lip balm's taste or why I said that to him. But Jin's reaction was worth it.

I could have just asked Jin to drop me at home but I could not let him see what my house was actually like. For all the other people at my school knew that I lived in a penthouse on the richer side of town.

And if Jin saw my house, I am sure he wouldn't have hesitated to tell it to everyone. That instead of a costly penthouse, it was a two bedroom rented apartment I lived in.

As I am walking on the footpath towards the intersection which leads to the residential part of the neighborhood, my phone rings and I check to see that it's Yoongi.

"What's up?" I ask, putting the phone near my ear which isn't sweating. By the time I will reach home, I am pretty sure I will look like I just came back from a shower.

Looking at the scrunched up wet tissue in my other hand, I smile.

"Nothing much, I have a break now. Have you reached home safely?" Yoongi asks. Though his voice is blank, I can still trace a hint of concern in it.

"Yep". I will try not to tell him that my pride made me ask the person who gave me a ride, to drop me off near a store instead of my house.

"How? Did you walk? Please don't tell me you were serious about that".

"Of course I didn't walk! Talking about this, remind me to never have a quickie with Tzuyu ever again. It was terrible".

"Who dropped you then?" Yoongi ignores my last comment.

"Seokjin".

"You mean Jimin's best friend?"

"Uh, yeah".

Yoongi whispers a whoa.

"Did he um...mention anything about Jimin?"

I frown. "No...?"

Yoongi fakes a laughter. "Oh, okay. Anyways, why did- damn, the teacher just came. Gotta go, bye".

"Bye". I drop the call.

5 seconds later a message comes in.

Yoongi: You have food for dinner right?

I appreciate his concern but sometimes, it makes me feel useless. Does he not think I am worthy enough to get food for me and my own mother?

Me: Yeah

Yoongi: tell me if you need anything

Sighing, I put my phone back in my pocket.

Would there ever be a time where I will be able to afford my own things and food and car without my best friend worrying about me?

I finally reach the wrought iron gate to our 5 floor apartment building and I start making my way up the stairs to the third floor.

The cranky elevator stopped working ages ago.

Reaching my door, I start to take out my key when I see none other than Mr Han- our landlord, just about to ring our doorbell.

His head turns towards the elevator and he looks at me with an annoyed expression.

"Mr Han-".

"No, kid. I am done with your excuses. I need my rent pay, now. Otherwise I won't hesitate to kick you out of my house and as much as I don't want to say this- along with your mother".