Chapter 9A

Beomgyu's POV

WHAT A GRAND entrance!

I saw Yeonjun and Ryujin walking on the red carpet. Ryujin's arm clinging to Yeonjun's.

I immediately looked away and divert my attention to welcome my party guests.

"Isn't that girl the daughter of the owner of SC Group?"

"Yes, this is a big news considering she knows the mayor's son. For sure thre will be a lot of news about them tomorrow."

I left there, afraid to hear words about them again. My chest tightens as I hear people talking about Yeonjun and Ryujin.

I know I'm not close to her but I don't know why I'm feeling this way towards her. Am I jealous? Perhaps, yes. Her aura really stood out to me that I can't get her out of my mind since our first encounter. Does I like her? I don't know but I'll find out about my feelings soon.

My eyes landed on mom, she's talking to someone. I saw Yeji stood up then shake hands with her. Why she at their table?

"Excuse me."

I said excuses myself before walking over to where Ryujin and her friends are. I hope Mom won't spill anything to them, especially the ones about Ryujin.

I'm very open to my mom, it's almost just the two of us when I was a kid since my dad was taking care of the business he founded.

"I bet you're Ryujin, right?"

I heard my mom asked. I could see her surprise face that mom knew her. I was only five steps away from them.

"My son-"

"Mom."

Mom's eyes shifted to me. I sighed in relief. Mom was talkative so I wasn't surprised if she had something to spill to them. It was good that I arrived before she could spread the personal stories I had told her.

"The party is about to start."

She turned to them again, "Excuse me."

When we got away from their table, mom spoke again.

"She looks angelic, Gyu. OMG! I love her already!" She even jumped like a child. "Invite her for dinner, okay? I want to get to know her more!"

Many from the press were invited. Daddy's acquaintances at work, press from his company. There were also some artists in attendance today.

I was really surprised that the most popular group, BTS, is here. I haven't been to their table yet, because I'm nervous that I might make a mistake once I face them.

"Let's welcome our birthday celebrant, Choi Beomgyu." Said by the Master of Ceremonies.

Applause swirled inside. I went up to the stage. I replaced where the MC was standing earlier.

I tapped the mic. I can see from where I stand the eyes of the woman who has been messing with my mind this past week.

"Thank you for coming to my birthday celebration. Hope you all enjoy!"

I didn't prepare a speech that is very long. I think those words are enough to welcome and thank my guests.

"Gyu,"

Dad greeted me as I descended the stage.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my business partners."

I followed Dad. We came to a table that was full of adults sitting. He introduces me and told me their names but I already forgot them. I stayed there for a few minutes before we left and went to another table.

"Happy Birthday, Beomgyu!"

I was shocked. Am I dreaming? BTS greeted me a happy birthday!

I've seen them before when I went with Dad to a party but I didn't get to talk to them. Even though one of them is Kai's cousin, I still can't help but be starstruck.

I saw their beautiful manager coming in our direction.

"We need to go. You'll be late for the flight."

They greeted me again and said sorry that they're leaving already.

"It's okay, I understand. Have a safe flight!" I said.

"Hey."

I looked at V. I was nervous because he's staring at me.

"Hope you like my gift." He said with his deep voice. "Happy birthday once again!"

I waved them goodbye. I smiled. I talked to them! And my idol, V, talked to me too!

"Unnie!"

I turned to the approaching woman. It was Ryujin.

"Ryujin? It's you!" BTS' manager said before opening her arms to hug Ryujin.

"You're already leaving?" Ryujin asked as the members left.

"Yes, Ryu. There's an event scheduled for them. They just insisted on coming here to attend Beomgyu's birthday." The manager answered.

"Ah ... it's a pity. All right, Unnie! Be safe!"

Ryujin waved at her.

"You know BTS' manager?"

I asked once the manager walked and followed BTS.

"You saw me talking to her earlier."

Her eyes rolled before attempting to walk away but I stopped her.

"Don't walk away while I'm talking to you!"

She looked at me. You can't see any emotion in her eyes. Why is it hard to read you, Shin Ryujin?

"Then talk."

I was about to speak when the MC called my name again. Nice timing!

I tightened my grip on Ryujin's arm and dragged her towards the middle.

"What are you doing?"

She asked angrily as we walked towards the center.

A round of applause filled the room. The highlight of today's event is the first dance which is the birthday celebrant with his someone special.

Wait! Let me rephrase it! My first dance with my special someone.

"Just go with the flow, Ryu. You won't lose anything if you dance with me tonight." I winked.

She sighed. I smirked.

You won't slip away from me, Ryujin. I won't let that happen.

"My mom invited you for dinner."

I break the silence.

"When?"

She asked, seemed interested in the invitation.

"I don't know. I didn't ask my mom. I'll just text you the details." I said.

Take the bait, Shin.

"How can you text me if you don't have my number?"

I smiled. She took the bait!

We stopped dancing, realizing that there are already many peole on the dance floor.

"Then tell me."

"Give me your phone."

I fished my phone in my pocket then gave it to her. She started typing something then gave it back to me.

Ryujin came closer to me and started whispering words into my ears, "I didn't know you're the type to use your mom just to get a girl's number."

She kissed me on my cheek before leaving me dumbfounded, "Happy birthday!"