― chapter 47.

❝ you can be better than cobra kai

❝ you can be better than cobra kai. ❞

MIGUEL DID NOT REALIZE how serious Ayane was about everyone hating her.

They sat together in Chemistry, though everyone kept sending her dirty looks and whispered if they passed by her. Everyone except Moon, of course.

"What the hell is everyone's problem?" Miguel finally said, throwing down his pencil.

Ayane laughed a little. "I told you. They hate me. I have the Cobra Kais, in part, to thank for that. They've spread the most rumors around about me. And then the other people just think I'm crazy."

Miguel shook his head, frowning.

"That's bullshit. It was self defense, anyone could see that."

She shrugged, continuing to write in her notebook.

"It's not a great look when you're in the same dojo as a delinquent that kicked someone over a railing. That also tends to push some people away from you."

Miguel tapped his foot, as he had not even thought about Robby since all of this had happened.

"Have you heard anything... from Robby?" he slowly asked, as Miguel knew that Keene was a rather sensitive subject to Ayane.

She paused for a moment, still looking down at her notebook. Ayane shrugged once more.

"As far as I know he's still in juvie. I haven't talked to him."

"And by 'I haven't' you mean you don't want to," Miguel replied knowingly.

Ayane finally looked up at him. "No, Miguel, I don't want to talk to Robby. I- I don't know if I can forgive him for what he did, and that's just that."

Before Miguel could reply, the bell rang for class to be dismissed.

He followed Ayane out of the classroom, both stopping by their lockers before going to lunch.

"Have you talked to Hawk?" she asked, walking alongside Miguel.

He shook his head bitterly. "No. I haven't exactly decided what I'm going to say to him. One, he broke Demetri's arm. And two, he's been nothing but an asshole to you."

Ayane smiled a little, stopping at her locker and opening it.

"I wish I had never given him that stupid nickname. That combined with Cobra Kai is what made him into the little monster he is today."