☀︎︎ zero o'clock ☀︎︎

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

"Qubool hai." The words felt unreal to her. It was happening. Three months had passed within a blink. It was happening too soon. Or maybe, she took it all too lightly. Adorned in her fancy grey dress, she tried not to bite onto her lower lip and eat away her lipstick as per her best friend's soft reminder. She tried keeping her eyes on her hands designed with heavy henna and filled with rings, her wrists felt heavy under the weight of fresh white gajray. Still, she had to sit still for now, just for a few more hours and this will be over.

The same question was asked the second time as she lifted her brows and her big brown eyes stared at her dad in confusion and surprise.

"Do I really have to say it thrice?" She questioned as the elderly man nodded his head, suppressing his emotions with a tight smile. Her uncle standing as a gawah for the nikkah shook his head, not liking the bride's attitude. While her best friend, Eshal, suppressed her giggle over Zuha's stupid question.

"Qubool hai." She let out the words, almost too easily, though her heart had slowly started picking up speed as the papers were represented for her to sign on them.

Once signed, she'll no longer be single. She'll no longer be Miss Zuha Aslam. She'll become someone's wife. She'll step into a new phase of her life. Her life will change. Away from her family. With a new family. Her priorities will have to change. Most of all, she'll have a husband. Someone who is considered your other half and your most important priority after marriage as per her mother's words.

Zuha Aslam had just completed her university two weeks ago, she turned 22 years old a week after that and this date for her nikkah was decided by both the families three months ago. The families met for the first time six months ago, through connections of course.

Zuha lived with her parents and one younger brother. They were a small family. Her brother, Zain, was 8 years younger than her, thus very pampered. Though she took her plate of attention to the fullest for being the only daughter. She had a masters degree in the field of 'throwing tantrums' 24/7. She was known as the 'spoiled brat' among her cousins for that. She didn't care about that and lived her life to the fullest.

Her phuppo introduced them to Momin's family, whose phuppo was her phuppo's neighbour. Connections are crazy, no doubt. They had been neighbours for years, and when family talks are done, rishtas are introduced, and the ones bound to happen, would happen.

They lived in a different city, about 2 hours drive away. The first time the families met, Zuha and Momin were given privacy to have a conversation with each other. Surprisingly, they clicked and the conversation went so well they didn't even realize they talked for 2 hours. Asking each other concerned questions, about future, life goals, the questions they had for each other were quite similar too, and the answers, satisfying. That kind of compatibility was rare.