chapter six

A few days had passed, and Sirius and Ophelia headed to the transfiguration classroom, to serve their detention. Ophelia didn't know what she would have to do, but she assumed it wouldn't be anything too bad.

The pair knocked on the door when they arrived, to be greeted by McGonagall's stern voice telling them to enter.

They walked in and found the professor to be sitting at her desk, and two desks in front of her each with parchment and quill laid out.

The twins looked at each other and sat down. They sat in silence, waiting for McGonagall to give them instructions.

"You two," she looked up. "Will both write 'I will not jinx my Slytherin classmates' for one hour. Then you are free to go."

The pair rolled their eyes at each other and began to rewrite that sentence over and over again. Ophelia got bored after just a few sentences, and she could tell that Sirius felt the same way. It had only been a few minutes until he spoke up.

"How was your day Minnie? Do anything fun?"

Professor McGonagall, who hadn't looked up from the work she was grading said, "It was fine Mr. Black."

Ophelia looked up and stared at her for a few seconds. McGonagall felt the eyes piercing through her skin and looked up. Before she could say anything, Ophelia began.

"You know, you seem so lonely up here."

"Ms. Black I don-"

Sirius pitched in, "Do you have a husband?"

"No, but-"

"Have you considered dating?" Ophelia asked.

"I don't think-"

"We could set you up! You need a boyfriend," said Sirius.

"Mr. Black I'm-"

"Or a girlfriend," Ophelia added. "We don't judge you for your sexuality!"

"Never! Especially since Ophelia herself is bi!"

"That's true!"

Professor McGonagall was staring at them, a stern look on her face. What the twins didn't know was that she was trying her best to hide a smile that had come across her.

"Thank you for being so compassionate, but that is not necessary. I would appreciate it if you were to get back to writing lines."

"Right away, Minnie," said Sirius, who saluted and got back to his work.

About fifteen minutes had passed and Ophelia, who was getting quite bored, had already filled up one side of her parchment and was starting to doodle.

"Minnie," she whined. "My hand hurts."

"That is not my problem Ms. Black," said McGonagall, once again holding in a smile.

Sirius sighed loudly.

"Is something the matter Mr. Black?"

"I think I'm in love, Minnie!" he exclaimed.

Ophelia started to laugh and Sirius shot her a look.

To stall doing his work, Sirius made up a girl, who he pretended to be in love with. He had made her up in their third year and would bring her up to McGonagall anytime he got bored during detention to get out of doing the work. The professor knew she was not real, but played along with Sirius, just for the fun of it.

"Selena, I presume?"

"Right you are Minnie!" he said. "She's wonderful! Just last week we went stargazing out by the greenhouses! You should've seen the moon, Minnie, it was gorgeous!"