Vienna's Q&A

Vienna Rosen's Interview

Mikaela: Hi, all. I'd like to introduce you to one of my sweetest friends, Vienna.

Vienna: *Smiling nervously* Hello.

M: Let's jump right in. Were you born a rebel, or did you become one when you were older? (@brownyflower)

V: My parents gave me up when I was born. They didn't bother naming me. I found out later that they said something along the lines of, 'You don't name animals if you don't want to get attached.' The orphanage I was raised in was just a normal one. It wasn't until I was adopted that I became a rebel as my adoptive parents were ones.

M: Are you a rebel because you want to be one?

V: Yes.

M: As long as it's because you want it. Okay...what is the most embarrassing thing you know about Colton? (@syedtalha99)

V: The most embarrassing thing...He can sing...really well. My favorite music is classical and musicals and so I've made him sing to me some of my favorite musicals. He gets really into some of them. I know he was doing it for me, but he had fun with it. I miss him.

M: *Placing an arm on Vienna's shoulder* I know he misses you too.

V: *Shaking head* No, he shouldn't.

M: Don't say that.

V: Can you just ask the next question?

M: *Staring at the card* Are you sure?

V: Yes.

M: They're rough.

V: That's okay. It's like a counseling session.

M: "Were you just using Colton to get to the heart of the Society, or did you actually love him?" (@xx_Victoriav_xx)

V: I still love him. It wasn't my mission to use him, to get close to him. The only thing I used Colton for was helping my team to break in on the night of the masquerade ball. That's it.

M: I know. I know that. *Sighing* "How do you judge Iris for loving Jonas but you don't judge yourself for loving Colton? In your eyes Iris loves the Society because she loves Jonas. You love Colton so why isn't that the same?" (@bestusernameever1)

V: I don't judge her for loving Jonas. Erik, maybe. he killed Molly. I don't know how. I just don't think she should be around him, especially if she's Expired.

M: Do you actually like her, or were you just pretending to? (@SyennaMashmasarmi)

V: I do like Iris. She's a lot of fun. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her. I feel like we connected easily because we were both orphans.

M: "How could you trust Erik so easily?" (@SyennaMashmasarmi)

V: I don't trust him. But if I had stayed at the Society, I would have been on a boat being exported to another country in just a few hours. There would have never been a chance to see my family again. I was willing to risk a lot for that chance.

M: Why did you go into shock from disbelief at Iris loving Jonas while you're dating Colton? (@k-bestie)

V: Okay? Did I miss something? I must have lost my memory. I don't recall going into disbelief when I found out about Jonas and Iris. I don't think I ever really found out about them. They kind of kept it a secret. I'm sorry. I haven't really been myself lately.

M: That's completely understandable.

V: Has...has Colton been himself?

M: One of the versions of himself. I don't think you have to worry about him loving someone else.

V: But he has to.

M: Not in his mind.

V: But he has to get married.

M: In his mind he doesn't have to love her.

V: No. He can't do that to himself.

M: He's stubborn. I'm not even sure I want to ask you these questions.

V: Go on. Please.

M: "Did you truly love Colton, or was it all a scheme?" (@WhippedandBound)

V: No, it wasn't a scheme. How could I not truly love him when if he had gotten down on one knee and simply said will you marry me, I would have said yes? He wouldn't even have had to say anything else, and I would have agreed even though it would have been going against my judgment and morals and now this is sounding like some eighteen hundreds proposal. I mean, our morals are actually pretty close. He's just—I guess love makes you look past everything.

M: Why did you do it then? Why did you break the rebels in? (@that_guy_next_door)

V: Because I don't agree with the Society. I had to do something. And stealing a book sounded a lot better than kidnapping someone.

M: "Are you and Erik going to become an unsuspecting item amongst the rebelling?" (@httpxfangirl)

V: *Wiping eyes and tilting head to the side* Like a couple? Me and Erik? Have you met Erik? No, that is not happening. Besides, it will be a long time before my heart could ever open back up.

M: Don't end up with Erik. That would make things really awkward. Okay, why did you join the rebels? (@TheDeppressedWave) (@Reuna123)

V: I guess I kind of already answered this. I don't agree with Expiration Dates. They are horrible. And because of them we have to live in fear our whole lives. It's like waking up and knowing you're going to die that day, but it's every day.

M: How did you stay in contact with the rebels? (@KateLovemaomaoBay)

V: Phone calls.

M: When is your birthday?

V: April twenty-seventh.

M: And how old are you?

V: Nineteen. The same age as Colton, Gwen, and Iris.

M: "What do you think would have happened if you had never met Colton?" (@Lunartic722)

V: I would probably still be right here in the headquarters for the rebels, just I wouldn't be feeling so out of it. I wouldn't be feeling conflicted. And I wouldn't be heartbroken.

M: "Favorite memory with Colton?" (@Lunartic722)

V: The night we met. He took care of me and he didn't know who I was. He didn't care if I was the Society or not. He opened up and I could tell that wasn't something he did often. It was also scary because...well in the beginning I thought he would have me arrested for being a disturbance. But it was scary because I realized that night that I could fall in love with the Beta.

M: I think he realized the same thing. What is your favorite memory without Colton?

V: Whenever my little brother and parents and I would take a trip to the beach. My brother and I would bury each other in the sand.

M: That's the end of the questions. Thank you, Vienna. If the rest of you have any other questions, comment them here and she'll respond to them.