𝟕. 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

it's been a couple days since jacob's breakup. everyday, he comes in my trailer and rests on my bed and we talk about our lives back at home.

since he started to visit me in my trailer daily, i've started to get to know him more. i know about his family, friends, and hobbies he likes to do. to make himself even more comfy and snug in my trailer besides my bed, he likes to play his music here. he plays capital cities, dayglow, and kid cudi all the time. he's gotten me more into his music taste and i'm not complaining. his music taste is amazing.

to keep jacob happy, me and the rest of the gang like to keep him company and joke around with him. we're with him as much as we can and try to make him happy 24/7.

jacob and i sharing our stories have actually gotten us closer as friends. we hang out more often than we used to and honestly, i'm loving it.

hannah teases me when around him and mary makes it extremely obvious. i'm surprised he hasn't found out that i liked him already.

right now, me and hannah are watching tiktoks together at my table and we hear jacob and xolo outside. they're loudly whispering but we can't seem to clearly hear what they're talking about.

all we hear are shushes by jacob and xolo laughing loudly. it almost sounds like xolo's teasing him.

finally, hannah says something.
"what are they doing?," she laughs.
"i don't know," i laugh back at her, "wait shh let me try to hear them."
we quiet down and hear a few words clearly from jacob.

"i know dude but you can't tell anyone, promise?"
"yeah alright bro, promise."

then they run into my room scaring me and hannah, xolo coming in first.
as soon as me and xolo's eyes meet, he bursts out laughing and i stare at him in confusion. hannah widens her eyes at me and looks terrified.

jacob follows xolo and looks at me first. he smiles and says hi and then slightly elbows xolo while whispering something into his ear. they look at me again.

"what?," i say while awkwardly laughing.
"oh, nothing," xolo says skeptically.
"what is up with you guys today? you guys have been acting suspicious all day," hannah tells them.

"whaaatt? pshh nothing..," he says in a weird tone.
it's so obvious he's hiding something that he doesn't want us to know.
i wonder what it is.

"um yeah okay sure..," i tell him.
finally, jacob chimes in.
"well how are you guys? what're you guys doing up in here."

"well we were on tiktok before we got interrupted by xolo's laughter," hannah tells him while side eyeing xolo.
he smiles back at her as a joke.

"well that's cool," jacob says while plopping down on my bed again.
he grabs my cow pillow pet and hugs it.
he's so adorable.

xolo widens his eyes at him and keeps looking in between jacob and the cow.
jacob shakes his head and puts his face in his hands.

i am so confused on their behavior today. they keep looking at me.
wait.
you don't think they know that i like him right? no, hannah and mary wouldn't do such a thing and i don't think i make it too obvious. maybe this is just me jumping to conclusions but i don't know.

hannah and xolo start talking between themselves and jacob starts to talk to me.

"hey, thanks for putting up with me the past couple days. i may not tell you as often as i should but you mean a lot to me."

wow. that was one of the most precious things anybody has ever said to me. i feel my stomach go into a knot once again.

i finally respond with a wide smile and tell him, "thank you."

"no problem," he says back.

then, i get a feeling that someone's staring at me again. i look up to jacob but he's looking down and playing with my cow pillow pet. so i look behind me and it's xolo and hannah smiling at me and jacob while trying to hide a laugh.
hannah gives me an awkward thumbs up and xolo goes, "awhh you guys would make a cute couple," while laughing.

i give him a frown mixed with a smile and say "where did that come from?"
xolo ignores me and looks focused on something behind me.

i look back and jacob is trying to say something to him with no sound coming out of his mouth and automatically stops when he sees me. he smiles.

okay, this is it. hannah's joining in on the laughter too?!
what. is. going. on?
i need an immediate answer because i'm starting to get anxious.

finally jacob and xolo leave the trailer which leaves it back to me and hannah.

"what's up with you guys?," i ask her giggling.
"oh no nothing we just think you'd make a cute couple that's all," she says.
it's so obvious that she's lying.

"hannah he just broke up with the wicked witch of the west like not even a week ago. i can see us a cute couple too but at least give him time to rest," i assure her.
"okay okay," she responds.
finally, we get back to watching tiktoks for a few more minutes until we decide to watch some netflix.