chapter nine

"so would you like some coffee or maybe some water?" she asks as she sits across from you, folding her hands together.

"uh- no thank you" you politely say.

"i'm sorry," she laughs before continuing, "what's this about?" she asks.

"my name is y/n y/l/n and i'm with the fbi" you say as you bring your badge forward and show her.

she nods before raising her eyebrow, "fbi? what's going on?" she asks, seeming a bit uncomfortable now.

"i'm actually here on personal matters. my dad is on trial for murdering my mom - well our dad really - but you can't testify in his defence. letting him out isn't the right thing to do. i-i know you want a relationship with your dad-" you start telling her, ignoring how she tries to but in.

"i had a feeling it was you. he's described you to me and i've looked at pictures, but they were old. when he killed your mom, it was self defence, he told me. he's already been in prison for 15 years, he didn't deserve to be there all those years ago and i'm making sure he gets out... whether you like it or not" she tells you as she stands up and heads over to her door, pulling it open and motioning for you to leave.

you sigh and get up, it was worth a try.

"even if you can get him out... he's using you, cat. he doesn't want a relationship with you like you do with him. i'm asking you to not waste your time on letting him out, please?" you beg, knowing it was probably no use.

"get out, and don't ever come back here" she sternly says, waiting for you to be outside her apartment before she slams the door and locks it.

_

you let out a long sigh as you throw your purse down on the floor and you flop down on the bed.

you let out a loud groan as some tears start to build up in your eyes. your dads trial is in 3 days and you're still debating whether you should go or not... whether you should testify against his defence and make sure he stays in prison.

but that's a thought for tomorrow.

all day today what spencer said has been stuck on your mind and you think you've finally made a decision.

you pick up your purse and pull out your phone , finding spencer's contact and pressing call.

"hi this is doctor spencer reid?" he answers.

god he sounds so sweet and innocent.

"spencer it's y/n" you tell him.

"y-y/n! hey! uh what's up?" he asks, stuttering a little over his words.

"i've been thinking about what you said- about you taking me out- let's do it" you tell him and once he starts talking you feel as though you can hear his smile through the phone.

"really? i-i mean cool, cool. does tonight sound good?" he asks.

"perfect" you clarify.

"great! i'll pick you up at 7:30?" he asks.

"yeah, 7:30 is good. i'll text you my address" you say before hanging up and walking over to your closet, laying out some options.

you pull out a red mini dress, liking how it shows an open back. you also pull out a small black mini skirt paired with a cropped cardigan.

those are your two options and you're edging towards the skirt and cardigan.

you move over to your jewellery box and pull out some earrings, a necklace, a couple of rings and a bracelet with charms you've acquired over the years.

you put your outfit for later off to the side and decide to watch some netlfix while you're waiting for about 6 o'clock to begin getting ready.

_

you wake up to the tv displaying the 'are you still watching?' screen. you must've fallen asleep while watching netlfix, the stress and overthinking from this week catching up to you. you've completely forgotten about your date with spencer, shock overcoming you when you see it's 6:30.

"fuck!" you shout out as you rush into the bathroom and start the shower, immediately hoping in and washing your hair as well as your body, then your face.

after getting out you quickly dry off your body and pull on your outfit, plugging in the blow dryer and drying your hair as best you can. once your hair is mostly dry you start to straighten it.

it's now 7:10 and you only have 20 minutes to put on some makeup, put on your jewellery and add some last minute touches before spencer will be here.

you quickly put on some concealer to cover your dark circles, applying a clear mascara to your already long lashes. you touch up your brows a bit and apply a clear lipgloss, before finally adding a small wing and waiting in the living room while you buckle your shoes, waiting for spencer.

in the small purse you choose you put your phone, a hair tie, a chap stick, your perfume and a little bag of lady essentials (just in case)

you check your phone, seeing the 7:29 change to 7:30, instantly hearing a knock at your apartment door.

you get up and smooth down your skirt, walking over and opening the door to see spencer standing there with black dress pants on, a dark blue button up with a blazer hanging over his mid arm. his shoes are of course converse and my oh my does he look hot.
this is different from his work attire, he's normally wearing a cardigan and has his satchel, but i guess he leaves that style at the office.

"wow- you look gorgeous" he compliments you

"thank you, you do too" you say as you pull your door closed, locking it with the key before shoving the key inside your purse.

he lets you walk down the stairs, following behind you.

"so where are-" you ask.

he holds his hand out to stop you, "before we go anywhere, i just wanted to say i really am sorry for what i said the other day. and all the other times before that i've being a dick" he tells you.

you can't help but laugh, "you have being a dick, but i'm willing to forget that as long as this date is memorable" you tell him, patting his chest before walking past him down the stairs again.

"we'll in that case, i guess i should keep what is going to happen on this date a secret" he tells me.
_____________________________________

guys for future story reference please let me know if you guys would want them to 'hate' each other longer than 7/8 chapters