Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen

The next few days passed in what seemed like a whirlwind of people passing through the house, congratulating Harry on getting back into Hogwarts.
"Haven't seen this place so busy all bloody summer" Fred huffed, leaning against the stair's banister, hand in mine, "You'd think mum was running a bed and breakfast"
I laughed, leaning my head against his shoulder, "I think it would be bloody successful if she did - her food is to die for"
Fred just shook his head, looking down at me with a teasing smirk, "That's the real reason you're with me isn't it, for my mums cooking?"
I threw my hands up, "Ah, you got me. Busted. Definitely nothing to do with the fact I love your dumbass"
"Aww, you love me"
I rolled my eyes, "Shut up", waiting for a moment before placing a quick kiss on his cheek, "Idiot"

Gasping at that, Fred suddenly jumped up from where he was sat, dislodging my head from his shoulder as he went, suddenly picking me up and running back to our room with me in his arms.
I squealed, holding on to his sides as he moved, "Put me down! Oh my god Freddie if you drop me I swear to everything -"
With an evil grin, he threw me on to the bed, descending on me with tickling fingers.
"You'll do what exactly?" He smirked, voice raised to be heard over my shrieked threats, "I really struggle to see how you'd do anything, to be honest"
"You better - stop right now - if you still want kids when you're older" I gasped, trying desperately to escape his fingers.
Fred carried on, unphased, "You're using kids as a bargaining chip now? Wow you're colder than I thought"
"I'm not kidding - I'll kick you - where the sun don't shine"
"Oh, you mean you'll hurt my ability to have kids" he grinned, leaning closer until his face was hovering inches away from mine, tickling finally finished, "And here I thought we just had our first adult conversation"
I spluttered, "Adult conversation?"
"The kids conversation" he nodded, seemingly proud to have rendered me close-to-speechless, "I'd like at least one, yknow, considering I grew up in a big family"
I stared at him, mouth agape, "We are not having this conversation right now"
"You started it" he smirked, trapping me with his legs as I tried to leave.
"I did no such thing"
"Yes you did~"
"We are barely adults" I huffed, once again fighting to get out from underneath him, "we do not need to have this conversation now"
Fred ignored me, "How many do you want? Do you think they'll all be ginger? Ooo - do you think -"
I suddenly stopped fighting, going completely lax in his grip, "You've really thought about this haven't you. Us. After Hogwarts"
Fred, seemingly reading the change in energy, stopped his teasing and scooted back so that he was sitting by my legs instead of squishing them.
"Of course I have" His voice came out softly, shrugging when I looked at him, "Who else would it be?"
A smile burst across my face, my eyes watering slightly from the sudden intense emotion I felt rush through me.

"Come here" I said, voice slightly hoarse, pulling him into a tight hug, "You can be a right sap sometimes, you know that?"Fred snorted at this, burying his face further into my neck, "Don't you dare tell anyone, or I swear I'll tell them about th...

Fred snorted at this, burying his face further into my neck, "Don't you dare tell anyone, or I swear I'll tell them about the Bertie Bott's incident"
"You wouldn't"
"You know I would"

"Letters!" Lee cheered, holding four envelopes as he rushed into the room, "Our letters are here!"
"Finally - didn't think they were coming" I said, holding my hand out for mine and instantly ripping it open, eyes scanning the contents.
"He's only gone and done it" George chuckled, pointing to the DADA book list, "I really didn't think we'd have a teacher this year"
"Well, desperate times"
"Yeah, I don't think it can get more desperate than Gilderoy Lockhart" I scoffed, smirking at Lee's guffaw.
"That prick - god, I hated him"
"Who didn't?"
Fred nudged me with a smile, "your sister, remember? She was fawning over him for most of the year"
I shuddered at the memory, "Oh Merlin, she did, didn't she?"
George pretended to be sick, while Lee's face crunched up in disgust, "He had a whole fan club - it was disgusting"
"Well let's hope this one will be better"
"Who d'ya think it'll be?"
"Someone desperate enough to take the position" I pointed out, "So let's hope they're going to be the 'fun, daring' kind and not the 'I actually came here to teach by the book' kind"
The three others toasted with imaginary pints, "To having a fun last year"
I echoed the sentiment, all four of us clinking the imagined glasses together with a cheer.