Mikaelsons Reunited

I went on a killing spree after the dinner, to forget about my emotions. I didn't want to turn my humanity off so this was the better option. Damon didn't even bother to come find me after the dinner so I knew something happened between him and Elena.

Once it has been long enough and I knew Damon and Stefan would have left already, I went back to Klaus' mansion, hoping I could stay over for the night. I didn't want to face Elena or Damon so this really only leaves Klaus.

As I approached the house, I used my vamp hearing to make sure they really were gone. However, I stopped as soon as I heard more than two heartbeats. I waited a little while longer until I heard Rebekah's voice.

"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik."

I carried on walking, until I reached the front door.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Klaus explained.

"Well you're right, none of us will be." Elijah stated.

The next voice kind of shocked me, I haven't heard Finn's voice in so long. "You're staying behind."

I walked in and noticed how all of them were ganging up on Klaus, including Kol. His eyes have already teared up, the only people that actually get to him is his family, it always will be. I stood by Klaus, slightly in front of him, facing his siblings. They all saw me enter the house, only Kol and Finn looked confused but decided not to mention my presence here right now.

"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone. Always and forever." Rebekah taunted.

"If you run, I will hunt all of you down." Klaus threatened.

I reached behind my back and grabbed Klaus' hand, interlocking our fingers together. I squeezed his hand in an attempt to comfort him. The others weren't able to see this since my body was blocking the view of our hands.

"Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father." Elijah stated.

I felt Klaus become even more tense and I knew I should step in now.

"Enough. You're all a family, act like one. What Klaus did, keeping you all locked away was not okay but holding a grudge for the rest of your lives will not make anything better. So instead of making each other miserable, why don't you get along?"

Before any of them were able to reply, a door swung open, revealing the original witch. Esther Mikaelson.

Everyone's eyes widened, and jaws dropped, including mine.

"Mother." Rebekah gasped.

She walked past all her children, stopping in front of Klaus and I. I could hear Klaus trying to contain his tears and emotions behind me so I squeezed him hand again, letting him know I'm here and he's not alone.

Esther glanced at me for a second but quickly diverted her attention to Klaus. "Look at me. Do you know why I'm here?"

With a shaky breath, Klaus began to speak. "You're here to kill me."

"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you. She turned around, now facing the rest of her children. "I want us to be a family again."

I let go of Klaus' hand and stepped forward. "Well, I'm not part of this family, so there's nothing stopping you from killing me. Maybe this time, you'll even succeed."

Esther turned back around and looked me in the eye. "Brooklyn, I am not here to kill you. You are not a secret anymore. Besides, my children seem to all treat you as family."