Here Now | Colt x (Injured) Reader

Prompt- Colt finds reader injured after an encounter with some mean Marleyen soldiers

Warning for injuries and blood

Your blood ran cold, your brain comprehending and realizing the danger in front of you but your body too far behind to do anything about it. You had idiotically pissed off some higher military officials. It was for a good reason though, they had been trash talking Colt, your boyfriend of about 2 years.

They had been gossiping about how Colt was unfit for the beast titan and how they should choose someone better. They ranted on and on with things they didn't like and criticized about him. You had had enough and stepped in, reprimanding them for their hateful and incorrect words. They however answered with violence and began to chase you.

You raced through the streets and took a wrong turn, whipping around to see them cornering you in the entrance of a dead ended alleyway. That lead you to now, your mind subconsciously blurring the attack and instead focusing on how to get you help. Your whole body aches immensely and you could feel blood pouring out of your head as well as down your limbs. You body struggled to carry you to the street where you sat for a few moments before a person noticed you.

"Y/n?"

Colts POV

I walked to Y/ns house. She had been kinda busy all week and so I wanted to surprise her. When I was about half way there I stopped, a person on the side of the sidewalk sat hunched over and clearly beaten up. I took a couple steps closer and noticed it was Y/n. I rushed the few steps between us as she looked up. Her face was bloodied, bruised, and swollen with a cracked lip and gash near her eyebrow. Her arms were the same and though her legs were covered but I assumed they were too. Her hair was a mess and dirt caked her whole figure as tears fell out of her eyes.

"Y/n, baby what happened?"

"Nothing I tripped."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"...no."

I began to help her up, her body trying but failing to do so. I caught her as her legs gave out, her arms desperately wrapping around me to stop her fall, I lifted her back up and positioned her on my back.

"I'll take you home and help you get clean up. I expect and explanation though okay? You don't have to worry, i'm here now."

She lazily hummed in content and went limp against me as I began to walk, reaching her house in only a few short minutes.

When we got inside I set her in the bathtub and ran warm water out of the shower head, taking it off the holder and using it to wet her skin before gently scrubbing it. When her body was clean I moved on to her hair, gently detangling and cleaning that too. By the time she got out I could clearly could see all the damage that had been done.

Bruises littered her skin so much that only a little of her true pigment showed through, her body had multiple cuts which were mostly deep, and she was still pretty swollen in some places, her right ear being one of them. I decided to act as if she were concussed due to it probably sweep from blunt force to her head. I talked softly, keeping the lights low while I sanitized and bandaged her wounds. When I was finally done I gave her some pain medication and crackers, setting her in bed and letting her relax.

"Are you gonna tall me what happened now?" I asked.

"I think it's best if you don't know." She answered shortly but with a sweet tone, meaning she didn't say it out of spite or to be mean.

"Why?"

"Because I know you... you'll take it the wrong way."

"What would I take the wrong way?"

"The whole situation, I guess."

"Come on Y/n just tell me. I didn't like seeing my baby hurt on the street like that the least you could do is tell me why?" I pressed.

"I got into and argument with some officials."

"Really? About what?"

"Stuff."

"Y/nnnnn." I wined.

"Fine. it was about you." she mumbled.

"Me?"

"Yeah."

"I still don't understand."

"They don't think your fit for the beast titan."

My poor baby let herself get hurt protecting me for some nobodies?

"So what?"

"So what? they were trash talking you and that's what you think?"

"Who cares what they think. Plus, your safety is more important to me."

"That's sweet and all but i'd do it again."

"Yeah i'm painfully aware of that. But seriously Y/n, try to think about the consequences. Please be more careful."

"Fine i'll try but no promises."

"Okay."

I snuggled into her, my voice being muffled by her body.

"I'm glad your safe now. You really had me worried." I admitted to her.

"Awe that's sweet Colt."

I shifted closer to her, feeling her heartbeat slightly from our closeness.

"You know i'm in love with you, right?"

"Yes, i'm in love with you too."

I hummed in happiness before both of our bodies breathing evened out and we fell asleep together.

a/n- i feel like all my chapter end w them falling asleep or smth :( but it's kinda cute ig

requests are always appreciated as well as thoughts or comments

also i had this cute idea that instead of saying 'i love you' colt says 'i'm in love with you' i think some other characters might do this like Moblit, Levi, Armin, and Jean

also this book hit 23k reads! we were literally at 22 just a day ago you guys are amazing and helping me grow so fast! thank you:)

this was a request by TitanLife2512

what's your least favorite food?

i hope you have a good day/night love<3