SURPRISES

S T E V I E  P O V

Well, what can I say about the meeting with my parents, apart from it? It didn't go well, and Dominic showed me love.

Gaze out the tinted window as we drive home with the convoy of cars following us. "Stevie, we are taking a little detour," Dominic informs as he glances deep into my eyes. "Is this the surprise?" I ask with excitement, "Yes, and I hope you will like it." He places his lips on mine, making me weak. 

A short while later, the car pulls onto a long drive, passing trees that are lining the road until it reached a grand opening. 

Scanning around at what I can only describe as a huge house that looks like a palace, "What do you think?" Dominic asks. 

Crease my brows as we climb out of the car to look around. "Dominic, it's huge," I said with a high pitch voice and surprised. 

He laughs, grabs my hand, pulling me towards the immense double doors. 

My god, it's beautiful tilting my head to glance up and notice three floors. All I'm imagining is how the fuck could you keep a huge place like this spotless? 

He pushes the heavy wooden double doors to open and fuck it's enormous. All I could do is stand there getting dizzy from turning to look up at the stained-glass windows in the lofty ceiling. 

Such elegance blows me away, and the size, "Stevie, this will be our home," Shoot him a look and I'm speechless. 

My mouth is slightly agape, and he's laughing at me pulling my hand as he shows me around, but I'm fucking speechless. 

Stop for a moment to take a breather and stare at Dominic, who is laughing, finding it amusing to observe the surprise on my face. 

I'm not laughing, I'm having a heart attack. Yep, that's how surprised I am. All my sanity completely left through the door as I walked in. 

I will apologise if my words make little sense, but yes, but WOW. How could he do it to me again when I'm sad, and he makes everything perfect? 

I'm not perfect, I'm far from perfect, and he knows that, so why the hell do I worry? 

Shake my head as we walk around looking in every room, and it's going to take most of the day with over a hundred plus rooms. That's not all bedrooms, but all the other rooms this house is offering. 

My god, it's like a maze of rooms, and I will end up getting lost somewhere in this enormous house. 

Stood staring at the grand stairs as Dominic stares into my eyes, "Stevie, do you like it?" He wraps his arms around me, lifting to spin me, and I giggle, "Wow," I said as he places my feet on the floor, and I turn on the spot, tilting my head. "Dominic, it's a beautiful house or is it a palace? It's just so huge," Slap my forehead, which makes him laugh. 

I'm gob-smacked, "I don't want to be nosey, but how much exactly did this cost you?" Look at him, waiting for an answer, "It cost us a few hundred million," He said like it's small change, "You what?" My words come out in a scream echoing through the entire empty hallways, "Dominic," I scream. 

He shrugs his shoulders like it's no big deal. 

Gulped thinking what I could say, "Why do you want something like this? I would be fine living in a two-bed house." He laughs as we move towards the back of the house, and wow. 

He places his hand in his inside pocket to take out a card, "Stevie, this is for you," Screwed up my face, not sure what he meant. "It's for an account where I will transfer you an allowance," He said, placing the card in my hand. "Dominic, I will get a job," "This is until you get a job," He cups my cheeks for a kiss, and we slide back into the car.