QUESTIONS

D O M I N I C  P O V

Showered, dressed and ready to return to the office after being away for three weeks. Got so much to catch up with and meetings that are going to take up my time.

Striding around the penthouse carrying my coffee as I gather all the files I need to take to the office, trying to be quiet so as not to wake Stevie.

Glanced at the table to observe the ring box and step towards it gaze as I shake my head. Perhaps I should have asked her romantically down on one knee.

But she would have turned me down point-blank, and she wouldn't be here for me to love.  

Take a mouthful of coffee, close my eyes for a split-second, and step back into the kitchen to place the cup on the side.

Grab the files about to leave when Stevie strolls down the stairs in her mid-thigh nightshirt, showing her long bare sexy legs. 

Teasing me before I even leave for the office and have a full day of not seeing such beauty.

Move towards her with a smile to kiss her cheek before leaving. "Enjoy shopping with my mother," I said. She smiles, pulls me close to her, teasing me with her long slender legs. "Dominic, when you finish at the office, could we talk?" Step back to see her expression. 

Can't understand why she wants to talk. "When I finish, I'm all yours, and we can talk." She smiles, kisses my cheek, and I leave.  

I assigned Sunny and two other bodyguards to her, plus my mother is always well guarded. So Stevie will be safe wherever my mother takes her. 

But if I know my mother, she will hop on the jet and fly to Paris to do a little shopping straight from the catwalk.

**********

Arrived at the office to have a pile of paperwork that needs my attention, and I have non-stop meetings all fucking day. 

Rubbed my face knowing I would be home late, and Stevie wanted to talk. Shake my head and get stuck into the files before the first meeting I need to attend. 

Placed my mobile on the table and cracked on until I'm disturbed by my assistant Miss Wells, "Mr Davenport, the board are waiting in room four." Nod to her and find the file I need, and head to room four.

Enter the room to meet the gentlemen seated waiting for me. "Okay, what's been happening," I asked as I took a seat and glanced at the door with a memory of Stevie standing there.

Placed the file on the table with my phone, glancing at each guy. "All contracts have been filled, and we filled the backlog," Nod. "Production doubled in the last quarter, and we are ahead in filling all contract orders," The manager said.

Glanced at the door when someone knocks, "Yes," The door opens. "Sir, you are wanted on the phone," "Okay, I will be right there." Stand to excuse myself and return to the office. 

Pick the phone up from the secretary's desk, "Mr Davenport, speaking," Take a deep breath. "Mr Davenport, I'm sorry to ring you. I'm Mr Haynes, the store manager of Maples, it's come to our attention that your credit card is being used to purchase items," Shake my head and take a deep breath. 

Can't believe this is happening when I have a full day of meetings. "I will notify the bank and please destroy the card," I said. "We have to hand the card to the police, and they will destroy it. I will inform them thank you." Curious, so I asked, "Could you tell me when the card was first used and how much?" I asked.

He paused for a minute, "The card was first used this morning to purchase a coffee, and then again to purchase long knee-length socks." Laughed thinking it's Stevie, "The card is being used by Stevie, my girlfriend. Could I please speak to her," Not thrilled for them treating her like this?